• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Early bay – 12 months MOT – light project - SOLD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub-mart

Reaction score
This is one of the very desirable ’71 models with small rear lights and half moon intakes but with the bonus of front disc brakes.
I bought her through my classic car business last year but circumstances have changed so I am unable to finish the jobs needed to get her back to being a usable camper.
She has just passed her MOT and is perfectly usable as a road vehicle but has the following jobs to finish:
She will come with a BRAND NEW SJS-VW Campers interior which retails at £1850 – this includes the side units, new Smev hob & sink unit, plus rock and roll bed and overhead locker.
The lower (blue) paint has been applied over two coats of hi build primer but will need further prep prior to applying the second coat paint supplied). The White paint needs doing unless you want rat-look! Some window rubbers to be replaced at some point.
The pop top struts were recently blasted and painted, then re-assembled with new springs. The bellows is usable but not pristine and the ‘J’ seal is missing from the roof section.
There is a small repair to be finished (a skim of filler and some rubbing down) on the roof shroud.
Bumpers to be painted and re-fitted
New bits: Rear lights, headlamp bezels, billet window winders, Empi gear shift with reverse lockout (to be fitted), split charge kit, front wheel cover.
New Just Kampers outdoor cover
New Just Kampers Thermo Mat set
The tyres are almost new commercial spec and all in very good condition – I also have a set of alloys with tyres if interested.
The bodywork has had a lot done including new front arches and cab floors.
The engine and gearbox are recon and as new with good tinware and ancillaries.
All in all, a good solid van with no nasty surprises – a few weekends will see her looking proud again, with the bonus that she can be used immediately as a van.
I’m sure I will have missed things off the list so please contact me – I will check the site for messages but the best way to get me quickly is via phone – 0113 204 9126 or 07930 317585

Latest posts