• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Early Bay Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak

Reaction score
Sadly selling my westy as it is just not being used and believe it's better to sell now than wait with it sitting over winter.
It is a stunning looking bus and as it was imported from Texas it has no rot or hidden secrets. The only places that needed attention was the battery tray and passenger cab.
It is a left hand drive and runs a 1600 twin port engine.
I purchased it from my mate who restored the camper completely with myself, he is a mobile mechanic and runs a splittie of his own which he hires out for weddings so keeps his vw's immaculate. The bay looks that good I have been asked to do a few weddings myself.
The interior was removed and restored by myself and then replaced with all new panels, I also had made brand new cushions for the rock and roll bed.
Up front the cab area has a brand new carpet set from Madmatz, 17" wood steering wheel and new chrome gear stick.
The white leather seats are fron an Alfa Romeo.
It also benefits from a cd player with speakers in the kick panel and rear cupboard.
The body was repainted in savannah beige which I think is the best colour for the bay.
The pop top was also treated to new paint and we also fitted a brand new canvas in beige which complements the colour beautifully.
The bus sits on black and chrome BRM's.
The engine pulls fine and runs smoothly with electronic ignition.
It does have a very small oil leak but I have had aircooled cars/vans for years and they all seem to have had a bit of an oil leak.
Writing a description does not do this van justice and Iv'e probably left loads out so please come and view.
I am looking for £14000 which I think for an early Westy in this condition is a good price. I am based in Staffordshire and can be contacted on 07740112687.
If anybody requires more pictures I can send them via email.
Cheers.
Jon.

Nice one for doing the picture :D
Forgot to say the bus is tax exempt and the MOT runs until March 2014.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts