• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Nevada import, solid tin top camper, £7300ono

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skint_golfer

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Selling my tin top 71' camper that I imported from Nevada last year as I have a pop top westy on its way and need the room to work on it.

It's registered, mot'd, taxed (but tax free) and has had new window seals, mechanical overhaul, nice condition camping interior, full service and engine setup done.

I'll be rewriting a full list of parts used and the work done later to post up but EB just wiped the add i spent an hour writing as I tried to preview it so I'm really in the mood to do it all again just now.... :x

The vans located in Banbury, Oxfordshire. £7300ono and she's good to go right away if you wanted the van in a rush.

Here's a few pics but if you want the full 100+ album then just message me and I'll send you a link....

Thanks

Rich

The van also has a matching buddy seat included :)

Here's the details I threw a strop over the other day when E?B. logged me out and wiped my advert, please let me know what you think....

The full details of what's been done are below but to sum it up its a 1971, rust free Nevada import with a camping interior, long MOT and free tax that I extensively overhauled and am using as a daily driver.

What's been done:

.New window rubbers (including quarter glass)
.New door seals
.New hatch seal
.New sliding door seal

.New accelerator cable
.New fuel pipes and filter
.New carb
.New exhaust
.Engine setup professionally for MOT and redone again last week

.Gear linkage rebuilt and setup properly including the pin in the gear stick base that you can't buy anywhere ;-)

.New UK headlights
.Other lights converted to MOT spec

.Steering coupling replaced

.New tyres

.Flushed out and fully replaced the brake fluid
.New front brake hoses
.New rear shoes
.New rear wheel cylinders
.Rear brakes adjusted
.Hand brake adjusted

.All CV gaiters replaced
.All ball joint gaiters replaced

.Leisure battery and split charger fitted (but I need to swap a couple of connections round so it charges properly)
.Basic 240v hook up with the connector in the engine bay on the left and the plugs tucked away into the rear cabinet.

.Uk registration sorted
.MOT'd
.Taxed

Its running standard ride height and the sink, electric water pump, fridge and battery indicator all work but I haven't fitted the waste pipe yet as I didn't fancy cutting a hole in the floor (didn't know if I'd change interior or not) but I can do that before sale if required.

I removed, cleaned and lubed both front lock/handle assemblies a couple of moths back and while I was at it I cavity waxed the doors, took pics and sealed them up with a membrane so the door cards won't get damp anymore.

The van has one key which will open all the locks but I had to fit a new ignition barrel so has a separate one to start it (also have spares of each).

The headliners missing in the rear but there is a section above the front seats, bit saggy though.... Great fun for irritating tall friends with :)

The photo of the drivers cab floor shows a tiny hole about an inch long and half inch wide about where the heel of your left foot sits, hadn't spotted it before as it was hidden under some crud that I swept out before taking the photo. It's the only bit of grotty metal I could find though....

It's ready to go right away without anything needed if your after a van to use. I'm asking £7300ono but I'm also open to a PX with cash my way on a Notchback or Squareback.

Rich

Bumpy bumpy bumpy!!!!!

I've been speaking to my shipper and the new westy is about three weeks from landing at the dock so I'd quite like this gone before it gets here.

With that in mind I'm dropping the price to £7000ono for a quick sale and yes I'm still open to an interesting P/X if you have one.

Call or text on: 07932 914760

Thanks

Rich

Latest posts