1972 baywindow

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisbee

Reaction score
new to all this, but i would presume this would be a 'crossover' as the rear lights are not the small ones i crave..... Nice van tho.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Bay-Window-1972-Campervan_W0QQitemZ190254283304QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190254283304&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thats right it is indeed what we call a crossover model - mainly because as you say it has some obvious features (rear lights, engine lid etc) that were on the late vans, but still has low indicators on the front.

In actual fact there are changes to every model year, but they maybe more subtle one's than the above, therefore its only these that we call a crossover.

If your planning on getting a bay, probably the worst thing is rust so read up about them and be thorough when looking at one.

Gareth

Cheers Gareth, lookin & learnin all the time. I have started lookin now, but realisticly, i wont get a van till feb/march next year. Big Bang [santa pod] is my target, for the 1st 'sleepover'
had this van been for sale next march, and i hadn't got one by then, then i would have had a bid [or 2] although i would ideally like to buy off a forum member, and ideally small rear lights.

Yep thats a XO and a very oyal following they have....

as said above rust is the thing as your after a RHD, try and take a friend along (prefferably one that knows VWs) as this will help focus your mind on the facts...

Enjoy the hunt there are some cracking busses out there....

camper028.jpg

camper026.jpg

RHD would be 1st choice, but i did fall in love with the van above, if this had been for sale in march '09, then i don't know if i could of stopped myself..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts