• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 Vw Bay Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

howie94

Reaction score
1972 Early Bay Panel Cross Over,

A genuine right-hand drive which are becoming very rare is comes with mot and also taxed exempt. I’m only selling the bus as i need the money to put into a house purchase.

Outside

The bus is painted in savannah beige and the top roof in a pearl white. It has a few rust marks being 44 years old so don’t expect a perfect looking panel van.

Inside

3x keys fits all locks and barrell.
Complete interior re-trim including front seats, sliding door, full panel internal which has been recently carried out in Beige/Chocolate Brown with a full rock width and roll bed.
New trimmed matching front door cards.
New fully trimmed headliner.
New rear complete flooring.

Engine and brakes

1641 Turnkey engine, runs perfect as just spent £2500 on a full mechanical overhaul rebuild (last week), all the work carried out
by Nigel & Sons in Cornwall very respective & professional service carried out.
Alternator converted, Steering is also very good it does have a slight play but only small enough amount to remind you that you’re in a 44 year old bus.

Suspension and wheels

Lowered all round very good quality not the bone rattling effect, i can’t remember the make of the shocks/springs.
Alloys x4 BRMs.
Tyres all x4 legal.

Overall

This is a really nice rare VW right-hand panel van, I’ve spent a lot of money on it with mostly being on the engine and the interior. It’s not a show winning bus but its certainly has the potential to be a very high standard looking bus.

Its nice enough to camp in straight away and mechanically sound that will allow you to drive anywhere very well with good steering and brakes. It’s slightly low but very drivable and very noticeable when being driven.
There are a few jobs still need doing, the sliding door rail has had better days and has alot of rust in the corner of the door which either needs to be cut out or maybe change the whole sliding door, the rear passenger side quarter has a scuff mark on the panel.

Price

This is not the easiest part to decide on, however I will sell for £8500 ono or
Without the engine £6250 Ono.

I think this is a realistic price as what I have spent on the Bus to get it where it is today.

Also the bus has been dry storage for the last 5 months so the picture of the windows with condensation has now disapeared as the bus is completely dry.

Caerphilly, South Wales. Howie – 07801 990920

Price reduced-

£6000 without engine.

£7750 with engine running.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts