• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1976 1 previous owner 1200 with 39k for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

58herbie

Reaction score
Here goes to help get the Westy sorted into the condition we really want and scale down the number of cars on the drive we are putting this little gem we found locally hidden away up for sale.

We are now the second owners from new, the first having owned it from new in 1976 until this year, the car was bought here in Carlisle, and has stayed here all its life.

The service book has 2 stamps in it, only reason for this is that the Dealership this little gem was bought from (Lightfoots Volkswagen of Carlisle) of the time, had an employee there (who served his time from apprentice up to fully skilled technician/mechanic) opened up his own independent VW/Audi Garage- Autovolks of Carlisle and the car was then fully serviced there until we purchased it..

The original owner has never fitted a radio so the padded dash is uncut and spoilt something i have never seen in 19 years of vw's, it has had a respray during its life but in original colour and shines well,

The old chap undersealed it every year with out fail, still wears the original running boards,carpets, seat covers, well almost every thing is original appart from exhaust and tyres.
one thing i have noticed is the heating i have never been in a bug that heats so quick, it is a dream, toastie and demists the windows,

along with service book there is the instruction manual and sales brochure..

this was a dream find a low milage 1 owner bug in , oceanic blue with Wheatmeal basket weave interior, but needs must and be realistic here..

looking for offers between £2750-£2995 which must be a steal for this

this is the only picture i have at the mo will post more tomorrow,

the bug has a full 12 months MOT and will be adding tax at th end of the month..

Image000.jpg

contact me @

[email protected]

or phone

01228 409357

Thanks

jon

:cry:

Latest posts