68 door ???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few differences.

They have the same hinges as early doors, however have the hole in the top edge by the bottom of the window for the lock pin rother than having the inner lock latch by the release handle.

Also the hole in the outer skin where the handle attaches is round rather than oval, as 68's use the same outer handles as late splits.

Pull up lock pin:

DSC01414.jpg

68 door handle:

DSC00433.jpg

I don't have a pic of the hole in the door where the handle attaches, but can take one tomorrow if required.

Hope this helps

Ive had the bus restored an import doors fitted diver side fine...gone to fit passenger an cant get the door to line up an my hands, locks ect wont fit!!! shall i buy a 68 lock ect?..

Jay

jay&kerry said:

Ive had the bus restored an import doors fitted diver side fine...gone to fit passenger an cant get the door to line up an my hands, locks ect wont fit!!! shall i buy a 68 lock ect?..

Jay

you could, but it'd look a bit odd, noticably different from the other side, not that you can see both at the same time though.

I found myself in the same situation a few years ago with my old van, and ended up opening out the handle hole to fit a later handle, but also had to modify the pressing on the side of the door as the handle wouldn't operate properly. was a pain to do and not sure I'd do it again.

good luck

Latest posts