• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

68 LHD westfalia for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadders

Reaction score
I'm reluctantly selling my 68 Westfalia - if space and money were no object, I'd keep it, but sadly both are, and it's just not being used as much as it should be.

It's a US import, brought into the UK in 2012 by vw camperco - it was solid but needed some TLC. Salient details below, but do please get in touch if you want to know more:

It's a solid bus - I've had battery tray and front floor replaced and has a few dings and scratches, but it's not hiding anything. it polishes up pretty well if you have the patience. All seals were replaced in 2016 - it desn't leak.

A 1955cc Lawrie Pettit engine was built from scratch and installed in 2014 - it's got twin 40 dellortos, electronic ignition, external oil cooling. It starts every time and has never let us down. I've also replaced the gearbox with a freeway flyer with higher final ratio, which suits the enginer better and makes cruising a little more relaxed.

Suspension wise, it's got a narrowed French Slammer up front and adjustable spring plates at the rear. It's also had a late bay disc conversion at the front and a late bay steering box replacement in 2021, which made a huge difference to the drive. Fuchs replica wheels are 4 years old and havent decent tyres with plenty of life in them.

The original westfalia interior is in place, seats, R&R bed and door cards have been retrimmed. Lesiure battery is installed, with 12v points in the dashboard and back of the van. It's also got electric hook up.

Poptop was replaced when we bought it, it's since had the hinges replaced with some from Buttys Bits, which are much, much better!

It's got a Westfalia replica towbar, one of Dean's specials and electrics.

It drives really well - we've done Derby to Polzeath in one go a few times, other inevitably stopping for fuel. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's reaxing, but it comfortably keeps up with traffic and temperature is rosk steady.

I've spent way more than £30k on it - I'd like to get £25k back, but I guess it'll find it's own level, so if you're interested, get in touch and come and have a look.

It's located in Derby - either contact me on here, or 07734 462954.

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_3557.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3532.jpg
    IMG_3532.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 41