69 bay Brake lights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junkyardjim

Reaction score
My brake lights have stopped working on my '69 Bay Ive checked
both bulbs, ok. removed cleaned & tghtened connections to bulb holders & replaced the fuse still no joy, on testing wiring there is no brake light feed to the bulb holders. Im having problems locating the hydraulic brake switch it does not appear to be on the master cylinder as far as I can see
(though it was getting late)! any one know exactly where ith switch is located on this model? any help would be appreciated - thanks!

junkyardjim said:
My brake lights have stopped working on my '69 Bay Ive checked
both bulbs, ok. removed cleaned & tghtened connections to bulb holders & replaced the fuse still no joy, on testing wiring there is no brake light feed to the bulb holders. Im having problems locating the hydraulic brake switch it does not appear to be on the master cylinder as far as I can see
(though it was getting late)! any one know exactly where ith switch is located on this model? any help would be appreciated - thanks!

It is definitely on the master cylinder.

Found them, though not on the master cylinder!! had
to remove the undertray at the front & they are located
on the 4 way union. Brake lights work when wires bridged
cleaned & reconnected still dont work found terminal broken
off one switch & the other is just not working so two new
switches required & a complete brake system bleed!
oh well, job for next weekend i suppose!

Same happened to my 74 bus, didnt want to bleed the brakes, a simple fix is to make a bracket and fit a mechanical brake light switch to locate to the tip of the master cylinder rod and wire it up. Saves playing around with seized bleed nipples. Just a thought if youre pushed for time.

Latest posts