70 camper thing.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipflop67

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm trying to find out more about a van a mate and I went to see over the weekend. It's in rough condition and has a camper interior in pieces, I'm trying to find out whether it's a legit camper and worth saving, from the vin plate I found that it's a 70 kombi and that's it. The only thing of note I saw, there are no badges except the vin plate, was the headling, it was vinyl in the cab area just past the first light, then looked like 2 wood panels after that, they've fallen down. The vinyl portion looked too well finished to be an amateur job, but you never know. Is there anything else I should be looking for?

M plate near side bulkhead will give you a hit load of info, seat belt mounts in the back or lack of will hint to its base model, cab only headlining would certainly indicate a kombi/comercial. are the wood panels home made? whats the rest of the trim like, seats door cards and other panels, do the bulkheads have the air vents and the cab doors have air ducts? glovebox lid?

you've not described the camping interior other than its in pieces, tintop, roof lighting etc...... pics help too.....

I shall try and get some pics, but it's so full of crap and boxes, that it's difficult to make out. It doesn't have an m plate only the vin. Were early bays like the splits with regards to interiors? I know a split kombi had a cab only headlining, then full for microbus and deluxe.

Latest posts