Mobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I don’t use toooo much in the way of phone calls anymore as opposed to a previous life where it was superglued to my ear for a large portion of the day, I went over to a sim only deal a couple of years back. This is with Virgin mobile because EE didn’t want to do me a sim only for less than twenty quid a month back then. So I’m paying seven pounds a month for 3gig plus a thousand minutes and unlimited texts. After a year or so it went up by fifty P, then a bit later on it went up by the same again then after that it went up by a pound. I kept thinking “must do something about that” but like most small things, I never bothered. I’ve just had a text a week or so back and they’ve put it up yet again but it’s still less than a tenner . I read to the bottom of the email and Virgin have suggested I might like to try a different deal with them??? So I look at it and it’s almost the same as my deal now except it’s 3gig and ‘unlimited’ calls and unlimited texts for four pounds and ninety five pence a month? So I’m thinking it’s a scam somehow and I’ll ring this number at five hundred quid a minute or some other daft thing, so I ring Virgin direct and yes it’s true. So all the data I’ll ever use, which I rarely use one gig, all the calls I could dream of which in reality is less than ten a month, and all the texts in the universe however I struggle to get a half a dozen in usually and for less than a fiver. I’ve used second hand phones ever since being sim only but recently treated myself to a brand new Samsung for a hundred and fifty quid which should last me four or five years at least. Amazing when my first phone was almost eighty pounds a month for line rental plus two pounds and eighty pence per minute and there was a connection charge initially of several hundred pounds etc etc etc. I had a Motorola 6500X that was built in to a haversack / sports bag type arrangement that would leave you panting if you took it up on a scaffolding with you. This had a rubber duck antenna poking out the top and from the phone handset to the box was a mahoosive curly wurly cord just like an old house phone, but the ring numbers were in the handset like big push buttons. The battery was huge and it would last all day so long as you didn’t use it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,bit cheaper now !

Latest posts