• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

70 Deluxe, 1914cc, red9 Wishbone

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5erge

Reaction score
As per my original email its March so thought I'd punch this back up the list to generate some interest. I have since sold the Westie Interior and the bus has been wrapped up away from all the bad weather in my garage. Will drop the oil, change the filter, charge up the battery and give the old girl a good claying and a wax as the weather is slowly improving.

I've revised the price.

So, here's what you get;

1970 Microbus imported from Oregon 2009, this is a nice dry solid bus registered this year. The bus flew threw the MOT
courtesy of Midland Earlybay with no advisories September last year. The bus has had a blow over respray at some point, if I'm being honest I'd touch it up in a few places and give the bus a good polish but it is perfectly acceptable. I also treated the chassis box sections and behind most panels with Bilt Hamper dynax s50, I also have a spare cannister of dynax to go with the bus.

The bus also has a host of upgrades so the bus handles brakes and accelerates pretty rapidly.

* Red9 front wishbone with latebay discs RAL front brake lines and wide 5 adapters.
* Rack and Pinion steering
* Slamwerks spring plates, new shoes, brake lines, and Koni shocks to match those on the front.
* Refurbished Bears gearbox with taller ratios, new (Quality) starter motor.
* New 1914cc Autotechniks built, twin 40's, 94mm Mahle Barrells & Pistons, Engle 110 cam, scat light weight followers, 26mm HD oil Pump, equalizer pulley, Billet alternator pulley, Head cc 50cc, stroke 69mm;bore 94mm, deck height 2.38mm, compression ratio 8:2. Deep sump, remote oil filter, Berg Breather and JKM Throttle Linkage, this is coupled with a Butty's pedal linkage up front.
* Kush Lock clutch and Kennedy stage 1 pressure plate.
* Bug-Tech Polished shifter, with 2 inch extension inc 8 ball knob and 2 spares. urethrane bushes in old linkage cage (new ones are rubbish) and new cones on the shiftrod.
* MCJ Adonsied handbrake pull and heater/vent buttons.
* 66 Slotted steels, the rear banded with new tyres front and rear. Dice valve caps.
* Delilahs interior trim panels. Long side panel, sliding door, rear quarters and kick panels.
* New beige front retractable seatbelts, new indicator stalk, lower front section of windscreen welded with new front screen rubber and chrome insert, new handbrake cables.

What will you need to complete, front interior panels for the front doors and door handles and vinyl flooring for the rear.

Carbs could do with some tuning as they pop and fart every now and then but other than that the bus is great to drive,
sounds great, stops and handles well and accelerates pretty rapidly.

£12,999

Des :cry:

Hi des, bus looks great, really nice and straight. Would you consider sling the bus without the engine. It's just that I have built a 1641 which has cost me nearly 4k and I don't know what to do with it.

Just a thought

Also, where are you in the country, could come have a look if you would sell without?

Thanks

Chris

Ok cool please keep us posted.

Any idea what you would want without the engine if you did split it

I have contacted Autotechniks to see if they can give me this information.

New 1914cc Autotechniks built, twin 40's, Berg Breather and JKM Throttle Linkage

The Berg breather and JKM Linkage alone cost over £300, the CAM is an Engle not a standard one and I am sure it also has high lift rockers. Once I have more specifics I can post them on here.

If you know Autotechniks then you know their engines are decent, Alex at VW Heritage runs an Autotechniks engine as do many happy members on here.

Des

The engine sounds awesome. Shame I can't afford it.

Any thoughts on selling it separately to the bus?

dobbojayne said:
Hi is your bus still available . thanks . :?:

Yep, sure is. Not been on here recently as I've been busy with Christmas n' things. The bus is currently tucked up in my garage away from all this damn rain.

Des

Hi, would you be interested in a px with a totally sorted, slammed narrowed and detailed fuchs late ghia?

I'm after selling and buying an early bay, this look ideal :)

Cheers

Latest posts