71 Deluxe SA Import - used as it should be...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

61 stu

Reaction score
This is my first Bus having had Beetles for the last 19years i needed something that i could squeeze the ever increasing family and dog in.

As bought off here a couple of months ago
bay3.jpg

The one owner Bus was used by the previous family to go on Safari in, consequently it has a couple of battle scars (and some dodgy curtains) but is mint underneath and inside. It also has a load of great Safari stickers from all over SA in the back window.
bay.jpg

bay1.jpg

bay2.jpg

Since buying and registering it i've added a new exhaust, heat exchangers, been serviced, stripped and rebuilt the carb, new seatbelts all round, added a monster tacho, modded the front indicators to run clear, fitted 185/60 front tyres and soon to receive a good twatting with the stick (plus some silver on black number plates) :wink:
Photo00181.jpg

Photo00221.jpg

One of the coolest accesories though is the sliding door step that swings out as the door is opened :D
Photo00201.jpg

Photo00191.jpg

Thanks to Tim and Chez at Kustom Dub Werks for your help and cups of tea, hope you all like it :D

nice bus dude, my sis lives in woodham, will be cruisin over in my westy christmas eve :mrgreen:

where abouts are you in woodham?

Not far from Asdas, i'll keep a lookout for you dude, mine should be a lot lower by then, come and say hello if you see it parked up :D

Hey, thats a great looking bus. Nice to see the original seating in the back.
Whats the colour?

Picked the bus up today from Kustom Dub Werks after having had it lowered, well pleased, drives a whole lot better than i thought it would. 2 splines out back and adjusters up front :D

Photo00241.jpg

Photo00251.jpg

Cheers Chez blinding job :wink:

Airtime said:
Great colour! Don't see it much on bays. 8) It looks much better lowered imho. Any further plans?

Cheers dude, nothing major planned other than some descreet sounds, maybe some lower profile rubber on the rear and tidying up here and there. Then i can concentrate next year on getting my 61 bug slammed and on the road. :D

That being said i may sercome to the lure of a bigger engine for the bus :wink:

Latest posts