'71 Devon

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanmck1984

Reaction score
I joined this site a few weeks ago but have just been snooping around and having a look. I must say it's a great forum with lots of great info and tips!
I finally went and bought my first van after gagging for one ever since i was a teenager. I love them!
I picked her up from Southampton and drove all the way back to Aberdeen without a glitch. Surely that's a good sigh eh? Haha.

She's in pretty good nick but as with any 40+ year old vehicle it has a few bits and bobs needing done. Can't wait to get stuck in and have a few trips in her once the weather up here clears up! Meet Tallulah....

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

Very nice mate. Check mine out, I'm in Aberdeen too, well most of the time anyway.

Lee

Cheers guys.

Lee, nice one. I tried to view your bus but can't see it?

IrishPete, to be honest i'm not sure. I've been trying to find out the colour but i'm having trouble in doing so. Any ideas where I would get the info?

Not got a lot of interior pics but here's a few. Everything inside is original apart from the front seats which i think are from an Ford XR3! I've started giving the old dark wood a freshen up and what a difference it makes. So much better and brighter.

Just ordered some shiny new cab mats, door cards, side cards and tailgate card along with a roll of cream leather to cover them and for the new roof lining. Putting down new flooring, get new curtains and plan to get the wheels powdercoated with some whitewall tyres. Should look great once she is all done in a few weeks.

Interior when i bought her:

IMG_1267.png

Before and after of some of the painting:

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

Interior at the moment:

IMG_1397.jpg

It looks like Beryl green (the same colour as mine when I eventually get her!) but I'm not sure of the proper way to check. There are people on here with far more knowledge who will be able to answer that question :)

Welcome fellow Devon, Love the colour..!! 8)

And good job on painting the interior..!! :D

Keep the pic's coming...!!! 8)

So I managed to get some more work done on the bus.

Replaced the boot trim, front door trims, rear seat panels and re-covered with cream leather

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

Laid down some nice candy stripe vinyl from MadMatz and it looks great!

IMG_2075.jpg

Now got all the wheels off and away powdercoated white

IMG_1864.jpg

:D :D :D

Haha yeah. Wheels are ready to be picked up tomorrow 8)
The bummer is on closer inspection all four tyres are badly perished and need replacing!! Booo.

Pics to follow soon.

So....got the wheels back and they've turned out great. I had whitewall rubber inserts but could i hell get them to sit correct on the wheel against the tyre. Took them to a tyre garage and they tried for an hour but also failed. Any ideas?
I also got the cooker back in and the mats down :)
Not much left to do and she'll be complete.

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2100.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

Very nice indeed, im about a third of the way trying to sort my own 71 moonraker out, yours is inspiring me nicely!

Latest posts