• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

71 RHD Grawomobile camper for sale £18000(the only RHD made)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grawomobile

Reaction score
Decided to put my beloved van up for sale.
Recent Import from dry South Africa.
Its a 71 RHD (not crossover) early bay tourist import grawomobile (arcomobile) camper that was delivered to jo,burg South Africa known to be one of the driest places on earth.
Grawomobile formerly Arcomobile was a German high quality camper conversion company that tried to compete with Westfalia and couldnt compete with the mighty Westfalia.
Made in Germany (not a South African made van)
71 only features i.e factory front disc brakes and small rear lights
Montana red with white roof
The body is amazingly rust free with shiny original paint under the wheel arches in all the areas that I have cleaned the dust from.The underneath really is as new, and when I first got the van I lay on my back for a full five minutes just marvelling at the underside .
Perfect factory belly pans
The paint is OK but not that shiny and the red has oxidized but I (T cut) the tailgate and it came up a treat.The beige original front seat covers are immaculate and not sagged in any way.It has nice seat belts with aircraft style chrome clasps with a brass VW logo in the middle.
Perfect headlining, perfect rubber mats.
Floors are excellent.
Engine runs fine but the camper needs a new battery service and general maintenance before an MOT. All import duties and VAT paid on entry to UK so easy to register in UK as tax exempt.
The back bumper is not fitted on but is there.
Defects- a tiny area of rust under the front windscreen rubber smaller than 1/2 cm caused by the rubber drying out and a hole under the battery caused by the acid leaking (other side fine) and the hubcaps need replacement the camper interior is all there with origional factory 70s flower power covers no holes or wear but needs a clean and general fettle.
Been reliably told that this camper is the only RHD grawomobile produced, and really needs a good home.I have too many classic VWs in my collection to give it the affection it deserves.
The price £18000 has to be worth well over 20k if you just give it an MOT.Please bear in mind that this RHD Grawomobile camper is irreplaceable and the rarest of the rare, will only increase in value.Situated in North Wales.
Sorry my computer skills are not up to scratch and I dont know how to get them on here, but given a couple of days or so I could e-mail them to you.
Thanks for looking
Timothy

Hello as soon as this windy weather has passed I will go out to the garage and take some good pics to show everyone.
Dare not go out at the moment a lot of damaged electrical cables etc around here
Thanks for your interest and patience.
Timothy