72 Dormobile Hella

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frazmo72

Reaction score
Been on here a couple of months now - been driving round in our bus for about 3 1/2 years - shes been a home away from home quite a lot. As you can see (assuming this picture thing works!), shes had extensive cosmetics since buying her.

Pre resto

VanPics001.jpg

VanPics003.jpg

During

DSC05452.jpg

DSC05451.jpg

After

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

Have refitted the original interior as well as a few extras. Keep thinking about lowering her - lowered vans are cool as, but our other love is the mountains and in some of the places we camp, the clearance is useful.
The cat is ours and he likes spending time in her, whether sleeping on the padded back box when I am working on her or the occasional trip out ![/img]

Nice bus!

I love lowered vans, but when everything else looks so original it almost seems a shame to lower it (did I just say that!!).

Anywho, looks sweet...

;)

Thanks for the welcomes and kind comments - just fitted a brand new 1600, as I managed to trash the big end on on the last engine!

Sweet 8)
Love the colour to, a change from reds and beiges etc :wink:

The bodywork was all done at Talke Motors near Stoke. This is their bread and butter, so I guess they are pretty used to these new doors by now.

Some pics from a trip to the Lakes with mates for Summer Solstice - the old girl weathered a storm that weekend as the weather turned from this to peeing rain and high winds for the next two days !!

Note the buddha like baby of my mate sitting approving of the whole weekend!!

n643801868_1019989_332.jpg

n643801868_1019993_3235.jpg

n897050429_3435351_9277.jpg

n897050429_3435352_9568.jpg

Some pics (with the ubiquitous sea and sunset in the background), of our family trip to Shell Island near Harlech in North wales a couple of weeks ago. We managed about a day and a half messing around in the water in the big inflatable canoe. And a bit of cricket with our son - who's in one of the pics. Note the T25 across from us. There was quite a large selection of vans dotted around the site, from splits through to T5's (including a German T4 with a cool roof tent, with a ladder up the outside to it).

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Worth a visit - the site is over 300 acres and you have to leave a 20m gap between pitches, unless you know each other (so you get plenty of privacy). The beach is right next to you and there are full facilities (including a bar) for those who want that kind of thing! The Shell Island website has tidal info - its not actually an island, but a peninsular you reach by a tidal causway, but this floods at high tide.

Good to see people out braving the British summer. 8)

It looks like they did a great job on the body work, you must be proud. :)

Its not perfect unfortunately - it needs a few filler cracks sorting now its flexed a bit, so hopefully will get that sorted over the winter.

Latest posts