A new Trailer project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only another coat of varnish applied today. 3 more coats to go and 12 hours drying minimum between each coat.
The tricky part will be fitting the wood into the frames without damaging the finish.

Made abit of progress today. This trailer is super light, i can carry it on my own in its folded form so that means the wife can put more in it :roll:

Its got some useful additions over a westy trailer, like small fold down lashing points inside and a built in leg to keep it upright.

P1030490.jpg

Just got to fit the 2 other sides now and the light board which will be removeable for when its folded.

P1030489.jpg

P1030488.jpg

P1030487.jpg

Nearly done, then need to decide what to do with it.......................and what to restore next. :lol:

Wow, great job there John, it looks amazing.

Seeing that it just shows how overpriced Westy trailers are, not that I would be without one.

What is normally in place to keep the sides in place?

The sides are all OK and hold themselves together. Ive put the straps on to stop the tie down cleats from jingling and rubbing the paint work.
Not much cheaper than a westy trailer to be honest mate. Same as anything, you can keep the costs down if you dont need tyres and suspension etc and can refurb the wood but this needed all new :(
You know how it is mate, if you charged just for the hours involved the price would be mad, never mind the bits.

Latest posts