Alloy wheel offset/ET

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davla

Reaction score
I was thinking about some 15" x 5.5" alloy wheels. What offset do I need pls and is there anything else to consider? It's an early bay but has late bay wheels due to discs up front. Also should add that I have 2" drop spindles to be fitted to the front as was going to lower rear by one spline.

Stock wheel offset is ET42, so that should give you a start.
It's up to you what offset you want to run, but the lower the number the more the outer edge of the wheel (and tyre) will move towards the arches.

20 will work I had 15 before but if you want to go low you will be wanting to avoid the inner lip on the arch so higher the et the better on the front

Thanks for the replies. So I've just fitted some 15x5.5 ET20 with 195/70 R15 tyres to keep the same diameter & circumference and they're pretty close to the inside lip of the rear arches, not enough to rub but I might have trouble lowering by a couple of inches. Should I roll up the inner edge of the arch? Should I have got narrower tyres? Apart from that it seems a nicer ride than the 185/80 R14's

Latest posts