Ankor Wax me up

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMC

Reaction score
Dudes - I have just been reading about Ankor wax…my bay has just come over from California and has some nice faded paint and small patches of light rust which I like to preserve. Is Ankor wax the way to go or should a get it lacquered? Is it easy to put ankor wax on yourself? Also does it turn into a big sticky mess in the summer?

I cant rememnber who its is, but somebody on here has a baremetal van, cant remember if it was waxed or lacqured or not :?:

Have a hunt in the gallery sections. I am sure they will know. Also I think allot of the top bare metal ones have been lacquered, but don`t quote me on this :D

This split is bare metal, he painted it in varnish...

DSCF1465.jpg

DSCF1453.jpg

DSCF1452.jpg

Maybe some clear polyurethane varnish would be what you are looking for?

You can ger POR15 in 'clear' but it doent bond 100% so rust will and does creep in.

On 'burnt' paint I say that a thin enough application of Ankor Wax will protect and dry enough not to be too much aggro.
Just rub it in well.

Cheers Guys - I will give the Ankor wax a try on some of the worst bits.

Well i can say that Ankor wax is great!!! i did my van last year, to be honest the tackyness is not a problem, i mean how many times do want to touch the body of your van. a little rust has appeared but i love the look !!! if you laquer it water will still find its way in, i spoke to the bus barn near ipswich and they use Ankor Wax,
http://www.thebusbarn.co.uk/
http://www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk/BeamEnds/MORRISOILS/CorrosionProtection/index.html
picture5022.jpg
[/img]

This van is way cool! 8)

Needs to be a few splines lower and the monza removed and then its a peach to behold! 8)

Yeah .... i agree, it should be lower by the summer, as for the exhaust what would you suggest as i have been thinking of a header & stinger, at least thats what i think its called,correct me if i am wrong
exhaust.jpg
[/img]

To be honest I love the complete stainless Just Kampers one. It has cured many a VW popping issue etc and runs great on any engine. I have it on my 1600 with twin 34icts and i know about 3 people in my club alone who have it, with great results.

Bruce on here has it with his 1835 with twin 40s and it more than handles it. :D

Ankor wax is perfect for faded patina paint, it does not stay sticky if applied properly... i have used it on my vehicles that have surface rust for the last 6 years and none of them have got any worse...

i stock it and sell it, i've been pushing it for years but it only caught on properly a year or so ago... i make very little on it but am proud to offer it as a product to protect your rust free or restored VW.

It's £20 per 5lt tin picked up or £29.50 posted, i am also offering it on a litre basis...

FYI when i do a bus properly... underside, all cavities and outside i use on average 10litres!! :shock:

Latest posts