Another White 69 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricvw

Reaction score
here are some of my 69 i imported it about 1 year ago but have been doing other projects and family inbetween,
the bus came from Oakland near Sanfransisco i bought it from a trader how got it from a repo sale the guy even got me a good second hand stearing box
heres how it looked when i got it
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/ricgoring/69westy007.jpg[/I
MG]
[img]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p191/ricgoring/69westy005-1.jpg
69westy006.jpg

69westy008.jpg

i didnt know what to expect but was plesantly suprised when i got it home it and started having a good look round it it just needed cab floor halfs bottom of the screen panel and a battery tray
69westy009-1.jpg

69westy002-1.jpg

69westy003.jpg

69westy001.jpg

69westy026.jpg

then the usal me got thinking and thought about slamming it but i all ready have a slammed bus and this one was going to be for my pops and bro to use as well so i went for a weedeater beam thanks to ant from of here and a one outer and one inner drop on the back and with a bit bigger tyer to try and give it a nice ride and fill the arches up a bit, then the hard one to paint or not, the bus was painted in 74 but not the original pastal and i did not want the spare on the front plus it had a nock on the front then there was do i fit a repo front pannel or a second hand front clip any how my mate came round and saild i could use his unit to prep and he would have a go at sorting the front pannel and if it did not come out i could allways fit a new front clip any how he did a good job and there was no rot in the front clip just a bit of filler
newpics044.jpg

newpics043.jpg

69westy024.jpg

was very happy when the windows came out and they did not need any repares every other bus i have had has always needed repair
69westy022.jpg

69westy028.jpg

69westy020.jpg

69westy021.jpg

69westy025.jpg

and the doors were mint
69westy031.jpg

69westy030.jpg

got some of the new headliner and one of the side panels fited and i put some more insulation and some wax oil first just need a new back bumper now
now003.jpg

now004.jpg

now026.jpg

now024.jpg

now025.jpg

now.jpg

That is a very nice looking bus 8)
Hope you took precaustions when putting the insulation in - can hold moisture :(

this weekend i have been poping my top :shock:
was not looking foward to this job but it wasnt that bad i got my canvas from schofileds as they said theres were better than jK ones when i opend it up it has jk logo on :roll: could of saved a few £ and got the bundel deal from JK :evil:
after having a good look and work out i still had the old rubber trim and it is cut round the corners and the new one is stiched all the way round like this
69westy002-2.jpg

saw i unstiched the rubber from the canvas just around the corners
69westy003-1.jpg

then cut it so it was like the original and know bends round the corners better
69westy004.jpg

and finished
69westy005-2.jpg

69westy006-1.jpg

69westy008-1.jpg

then i managed to get my floor down just need my seats back from my brother now
69westy010-1.jpg

Right Ric is selling the van to me and he and his dad are finishing it off with very minor input from me (I really just stand there and say "cool' a lot) so I thought I'd better put up a few pictures and a bit of history. Ric's given me a file that I've put in date order with receipts from 1971 until 2007 so lots of info.

The van was originally from Texas owned by a guy called William Crook he moved to Palo Alto in 1971 and he kept the van until 1986 when he sold it the next keeper who kept the van until 2007 when I think he went to jail the van was then sold at a Lien Sale to pay storage and towing costs the guy who bought it sold it to Ric and now me :)

Anyway since Ric sorted the minor welding and respray he's been getting the upholstery sorted with Chris doing the seats, door cards and kick panels and His brother sorting the rest - it looks amazing
So Here are some pics
New interior
P1000610.jpg

Brilliant!
P1000611.jpg

P1000609.jpg

P1000619.jpg

P1000622.jpg

P1000613.jpg

Some pics of the van out in the daylight :)
P1000621.jpg

P1000624.jpg

P1000625.jpg

P1000622.jpg

My Nice shiny new engine built up by a very nice guy Andy Pierce
P1000608.jpg

Hopefully we'll get an MOT next week and I'm aiming to be at Bus Types :)

Latest posts