Any scooter boys out there?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigG

Reaction score
Between 1979 and 82 I was big into the scooter scene and had several bikes, my daily being a 66 TV200.
Recently I got re aquainted with several of the guys I knocked about with and one of them has been into scootering ever since.
Looking over his collection I started to get the hankering for another scoot and after letting my mate Pete kindly empty my bank account I am now the proud owner of this.
200dl-1.jpg

Its a genuine Italian GP200 and is still in original paint (whats left of it) Not complete but all the important bits are there, inboard disc, italian headset, forks etc.

Thing I found strange and never noticed before is how many scooterists nowadays are also into the VW van scene and vice versa so it seems, both very similar scenes.
Just wondered if any one on here has ever had one or owns one now.

nice find.

i currently have a tv 200:
CIMG1718.jpg

had it for just over 10 years. wasn't originally a scooter boy, briefly called myself a mod in 1979. i was more into punk back then.

Nice project scoot. I've a vespa P220, had it in many different styles for over 15 years now. I will try and take some pics of it soon.

I used to do loads of rallies in the 80s and early 90s. I was a Vespa man and ended up with a mint Rally 200 :) I only sold it a couple of years ago.

Good days but I wouldn't go back now.

wibbler said:
200dl-1.jpg

Its a genuine Italian GP200 and is still in original paint (whats left of it) Not complete but all the important bits are there, inboard disc, italian headset, forks etc.

had a couple of italian sx200's, made them better though :mrgreen:

DSC_0017.jpg

I've never had a scoot, but always wanted one. I ended up with my first bug because i wanted a scooter when i left school but i did not have a garage to keep it in so i got a bug. Will be going to Anglessey scooter rallye this year in my bus as I'm a massive Jam fan. You've all got some nice scooters btw

i have a vespa t5 millenium, which i have had for 10 years from new, now with mallosi 172 and various other bits. someimes have a drink with the local scooter boys but don't go on the rallies

What is this? There was a thread about R5 Turbo's the other day (of which I owned one) now about scoots (of which I own one!)

I have a 1976 Vespa Primevera 125 - have had it for ages, I started it yesterday after two years sitting still. And started to strip it last night to start a restoration project...Its Orange at the moment but the og colour is not unlike the colour of the bus, I have paint left over from the resto so why not?

Ever since I bought my bus people have been sending me this picture:

scooter_s.jpg

Someone mentioned it might have been at the Volksworld show in 2007?

I've never had a scooter but always wanted a Vespa or a Lambretta. It seems that there are a lot more of them in Europe than over here. When I lived in Grenoble, France I was constantly finding sick ones on the street to drool over.

I did however have a Velo Solex at one point. Not fast, but definitely weird and awesome. Until someone broke into the garage and stole it...
:(

i saw that at the iow scooter rally either last year or the year before. got a lot of attention.

Dabbled a bit in the mid to late 80's and bought an Italian import Li125 of ebay about 4 years ago. Started to strip it last year but then the bus took over. This is how it curently looks:

RIMG0486.jpg

But with the bus, scoot, my Mk1 Night Burner, a Tamiya Sandscorcher and Bruiser on the go i never get enough time for any of it :)

Work keeps getting in the way of enjoying myself

This is my currently unloved P series, mildly customised and has a noisy PM pipe :mrgreen:

Bought like this few years ago...

before2.jpg

As it is now:

16032010104.jpg

16032010105.jpg

16032010107.jpg

Even thought about selling it but came to my senses.

Brakes are shit, very :shock: when ya go down steep hills in the trials sections, but it makes for fun :lol: they are actually tiger cub hubs

Latest posts