Anyone been to the volksworld show

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say I thought about I but couldn't be bothered!

Last year the best bit was wandering the car park, too crowded to get a decent look at things inside.

couldnt be bothered this year, no money or job(till next week)

same as others tho, crowded, etc etc

prefer outdoor shows, more to look at all in all

I went.:)

Daft thing is, although I've loved Veedubs all my life, this is the very first Volkswagen event I've ever been to! :)
I enjoyed the show anyway.

Here are some pics (I hope);

Picture142.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture108.jpg

:)

Just got back, It was well worth the trip. The bay never missed a beat at 65 to 70. Not many early bays :(
Did anyone see the green one in the forsale area? nice but didn't like the price tag.

Danbury Doug said:
I went.:)

Daft thing is, although I've loved Veedubs all my life, this is the very first Volkswagen event I've ever been to! :)
I enjoyed the show anyway.

Here are some pics (I hope);

Picture142.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture108.jpg

:)

You might get hooked :D

I went on saturday and thought it was pretty cool , well bloody freezing outside . :lol: it was ok could have spent a few quid in the autojumble if i had a van . Danbury doug is your reg FKM ***L if it is its bloody lovely and i got a nice pic of it in car park :wink: also whos is that early bay in top pic that is nice too

Hi Grazy,

You're right, it was bloody freezing outside wasn't it!
No, that wasn't my van that you saw. I didn't bring mine actually. If it was an early bay I'd pop a piccy up for you. It's a bit of a timewarp bus like the blue deluxe that was stored away.:)
The bay in the top piccy was cool wasn't it. Did you notice that even the heater and ventilation control knobs were chrome! :)

Lucky boy said:
nice but didn't like the price tag.

Thats a slight understatement :roll: Did anyone see the baby blue crossover for sale in the corner for £11,995 :shock: Yes £11,995. Ok it had a full resto on it and was pretty clean but what a price :eek: And it sold but the main thing was the people that bought it were happy as punch and vertually skipped away :D Suppose thats what its all about really, happy people :D
As for the show some good rides although the bus section was seriously lacking some bays again :roll: Think we should put this right next year :wink:

Went for the whole weekend, our Early bay was on the LTV stand both days....

vw07005.jpg

along with Trev (he designed the EB stickers, I bought a new one as the last went on pissed :oops: )

vw07010.jpg

Bug In Bus
vw07044.jpg

Opposite us on both days
vw07057.jpg

Really clean
vw07162.jpg

Our bed for the night...
vw07126.jpg

spent our first night sleeping inside, couldn't believe how warm it was inside :wink:

There are almost 200 pics in the VWShows section of my website 8)

That beige bay was on my ferry tonight. Had a good look over it and a nice chat with the owner. He knew all about the site and even descibed MY bus to me. Nice work fella like i said im loving everything about that bus, colour, stance, wheels the lot. Hope you got back to Germany OK if your reading this. Drop me a PM with a few more detals and pictures of what we talked about please.

Looks like a cool show! 8) Keep those pics coming! :wink:

clyde said:
That beige bay was on my ferry tonight. Had a good look over it and a nice chat with the owner. He knew all about the site and even descibed MY bus to me. Nice work fella like i said im loving everything about that bus, colour, stance, wheels the lot. Hope you got back to Germany OK if your reading this. Drop me a PM with a few more detals and pictures of what we talked about please.

This is his blog: Narrowed Beam 8) Awesome bus!

I too enjoyed the show. :D

yep lacking early bays and splits were in out in force again.

My favorite of the show was ths the black squareback just inside the main door. 8)

one german man said that he had sex wee looking over it :lol:

i quickly walked away laughing :lol:

I went on the Saturday it was bloody freezing! I took the bus on its, ahem German number plates as its not registered yet! It was great to back into the swing of things, sold some parts met some peeps and had an excellent day, it was good to get back behind the wheel of a vw again too.
Picked some bargains up from the swap meet which I managed to walk round without getting crushed, which must be a first!
In all had a great day out.

Popped down on the Sunday as well to sell more parts and had another wander around the car park and for sale area (as the weather was 100% better)and there were some highly varying prices for some nice and some ropey cars.
Had a guy offer me 8k for my bus too, I had left it on the grass near the jacked up french T2 and returned to find a hand written note on it! Needless to say I said no thankyou !

Matt

There were a couple of EBs in the carpark, had a chat to VeeDunk from here who was giving parts away and saw the BerkshireBugs red import EB for sale :D

Good weekend for me. I went in the Square for speed and efficiency (and the van is in bits).
Some nice new motors about .... that Early Bays on Fuchs', The T3D Squareblack and the '59 Rotating Split Westy downstairs were all highlights for me.
Snaffled a few swapmeet deals with the Overseas traders. Not cheap but managed to choose some nice 'genuine' parts as opposed to repro bits that are nearly right. ;)
Weather could have been warmer, but it could also have been wetter, so it was ok.

8)

We went also :D was not to bad, was well packed and did not buy anything :( :( Did not stay to long as the kids were freezing!!!

Did see "silversurfer" on the way in. which was nice :lol: :lol:

regards

marcher

went on the sunday, parked in club area for free! run out of gas at the end of the day so only had luke warm tea!
picked up a screen for my 63 bug and a new engine lid for the bus , more kustom trickery!
good day out but shattered when i got home, felt good to give the bus a run :lol:

Latest posts