Anyone know a 3-way fridge fitter?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy123

Reaction score
It's the gas that's causing an issue - apparently you need a licence to fit it?
Cheers,
Jimmy

I'm pretty sure you dont need to be registered to fit a fridge in the same way as you do with domestic cookers. There is no effective way of policing it and it does not form part of the MOT. I think you'll find the majority of peeps on here have fitted their own and it's no more difficult that fitting a cooker and "they" trust us to do those our own.

I helped a neighbour swap his 3 way fridge last friday. I did the leccy, he did the gas. Not much to it really.

You do legally need a corgie registrated fitter to fit it yes ,its habitasion law , lots of people fit there own but if you do fit your own, get a registered fitted to check it out, for your own saftey really if nothing else.

Thanx for your feedback fellas - and lass too - much appreciated. I'll try and get my head around it or talk the Quality Campers chap into doing it - he's probably just being lazy.

Dolly Daydream said:
You do legally need a corgie registrated fitter to fit it yes ,its habitasion law , lots of people fit there own but if you do fit your own, get a registered fitted to check it out, for your own saftey really if nothing else.

corgi no longer exists, so probably need to be "gas safe" registered now.

however you do not have to be registered to fit gas into moving vehicle unless the vehicle is to be hired out/ used for commercial purposes.

that said, for peace of mind if you have a choice i would go for a registered gas fitter

you could fit it yourself and then get a gas safe engineer to just check it. would work out cheaper as well.

Fit it yourself it really is simple,call out a plumber in your area tell him your thinking about moving your boiler and on the way out the door im sure he will be interested in your bus anyway tell him you fitted the fridge yourself and what does he think of the work job done if theres anything wrong im sure he will correct it but like i said there isn't any thing to much to go wrong[sorry to all you plumbers out there they earn a fortune anyway]that is if you want to save a couple of pennys but if your loaded ignore this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts