anyone using a balance pipe between their 34 ict's????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fraggle said:
Just wondered if it was worth drilling and tapping my manifolds for a balace pipe???

Anyone done this?

I have a balance pipe running between my Dell'orto 34 FRDs and they are very similar to Weber 34 ICTs. I believe it makes them much easier to setup.

Hi there, just joined the forum and yes, it does help to have a bal pipe. I've run mine with and without and with is a much smoother & easier ride. and also use an anti-pulse valve in the hose between carb and distributor if you have a vacuum carb, both make for smoother and easier operation and less engine stress through vibration and essentially better synchronicity. I routed the oil filler breather pipe back into the top of the ict air cleaner , how have you arranged this side of things?

waltraud said:
Hi there, just joined the forum and yes, it does help to have a bal pipe. I've run mine with and without and with is a much smoother & easier ride. and also use an anti-pulse valve in the hose between carb and distributor if you have a vacuum carb, both make for smoother and easier operation and less engine stress through vibration and essentially better synchronicity. I routed the oil filler breather pipe back into the top of the ict air cleaner , how have you arranged this side of things?

I have never run dual carbs without a balance pipe. I took my advice from an old engine tuner. I'm not using an anti pulse valve to the vac can on the dissy. Instead I have opted for a T4 dissy off a late bay and a metal vac pipe with two right angles in it, I have been reliably informed that this breaks up the pulses, which is why the steel original VW vac pipe for the stock carb also has a right angle in it. It all seems to work fine, on the round trip from Cornwall to Vanfest and back again it returned 28 MPG and pulled like a train up the hills, so much so I had to keep slowing down so that the guys with stock setups I was cruising with could catch up and I still returned more MPG than they did. Dual 34s are the future, the best balance between power, economy and ease of setup, IMHO.

Latest posts