• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Apple Intel Mac Pro running OS Lion/Snow Leopard-last one!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passion 4

Reaction score
My last Intel Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon up for grabs…

This is one of the new-ish Intel based generation of Apple Macs, and it is a good stable and reliable Mac to use. It has just had both it’s SATA HDD’s tested and wiped before having a clean install of OS 10.68 (Snow Leopard) installed on the first 250GB Hard Drive. It has then had all current software/firmware updates run and applied, so it is now all good to go!

As I said, it has two internal Hard Drives which have both been tested and wiped. The 250GB hard drive has had a a clean install of OS 10.68 (Snow Leopard) installed on it.

With the additional 250GB Hard Drive, I have carried out a clean install of the latest version of OSX Lion 10.7.2, with all it’s 250+ new features, so you have options as to which OS you want you want to run on the machine, OSX 10.68 (Snow Leopard) or OSX 10.7.2 (Lion)!

OSX Lion allows you to run Apples iCloud on your Mac which offers great integration and syncing if you use an iPad or iPhone running the new iOS 5!

mac_pro_2x266_01.jpg

mac_pro_2x266_02.jpg

The Apple Mac features;
  • Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors
  • Dual Operating systems; OSX 10.68 (Snow Leopard) and OSX 10.7.2 (Lion)
  • 2GB RAM (with room to expand to 32GB of RAM)
  • It has the standard 250GB Serial ATA HDD (3Gb/s; 7200 rpm; 8MB cache) but I upgraded it with another 250GB HDD to give a total of 500GB of storage, still with another two free bays if you wanted to upgrade it further.
  • NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB (single-link DVI and dual-link DVI)
  • Optical drive – 16x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
  • Two independent 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet ports (RJ-45)
  • Two FireWire 800 ports (one on front panel, one on back panel)
  • Two FireWire 400 ports (one on front panel, one on back panel)
  • Five USB 2.0 ports (two on front panel, three on back panel)
  • Front-panel headphone minijack and speaker
  • Optical digital audio input and output TOSLINK ports
  • Analog stereo line-level input and output minijacks

The original specs can be found here; http://support.apple.com/kb/SP30

mac_pro_2x266_03.jpg

mac_pro_2x266_04.jpg

mac_pro_2x266_05.jpg

Software wise, all the usual suspects such as iTunes, Firefox, Safari, Spotify, iCal, Mail, Dictionary/Thesaurus, Toast Titanium, MSN etc. are on it plus some of my other design/photo software etc. which you may find useful, or you can simply delete it if you prefer, your choice… however, no discs/serial numbers are included with the sale.

OSX 10.68 (Snow Leopard)

intel_2x266_250gb_300gb_2gb.jpg

OSX 10.7.2 (Lion)

osx_lion_1072_250_300gb.jpg

£700 +£25 for delivery in manland UK (of free to collect)

Latest posts