Beryl green or birch green with lotus white roof?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preston

Reaction score
Getting the bus restored at the moment and they have asked for the paint codes by Monday. I'm struggling to decide whether to go for beryl or birch green and lotus white roof. Also I know the beryl will go with lotus as I have looked at a few samples but there wasn't a birch green so unsure if it will go with the lotus white. Any suggestions or input would be much appreciated.

Here's a great example of a bus in Beryl Green

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used this site for my choice

http://www.bustopia.com/vw-bay-window-bus-paint-samples.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or

http://www.bustopia.com/vw-bus-paint-samples.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prefer Beryl, but I know this decision is hard. Birch is also a great colour, good luck with your choice.... Ben

I'd recommend seeing them in the flesh - our Beryl green van looks almost lime green in some photos and then can look yellow in the next. I've not got a photo of her that actually replicates the colour properly. :roll:

Birdman said:
Here's a great example of a bus in Beryl Green

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just got home from a call out, every penny counts at the moment. That bay is absolutely stunning, I was going to have the whole body green and just the roof white with all of the dash green as well. But after looking at that bay it's tempting to do it that way. But I don't just want to go and copy what someone else has done (I know that's going to be hard)
Do you think the beryl will go with lotus white?
Thanks for all your input so far

Irishpete said:
I'd recommend seeing them in the flesh - our Beryl green van looks almost lime green in some photos and then can look yellow in the next. I've not got a photo of her that actually replicates the colour properly. :roll:

That was the other thing I was struggling with looking at photos of beryl green on Internet every one looked like a different green. It worries me a little that if I do go for it when we use her as our wedding car in June how will the photos come out? Bridesmaids are going to be wearing pistachio green dresses as well.
Think I might give him a call tomorrow and see if he can get some small tins mixed up in both colours and go have a look.

Here's a pic of my beryl green pastel white

IMG_5113.jpg

And one in the paint shop under artificial light

IMG_0321.jpg

If you search the gallery, I had a resto thread last year which has more pics

I agree about it appearing different shades of green/almost yellow depending on lighting but that adds to its interest

Always best to see in the flesh first, I am in SE London if that's any use

Gerry

Here's ours in Beryl Green with a Pastel White roof.....we got a few samples made up as all the colour chips looked different on a computer.

0ff09e0c.jpg

b6cb1222.jpg

preston said:
Irishpete said:

That was the other thing I was struggling with looking at photos of beryl green on Internet every one looked like a different green. It worries me a little that if I do go for it when we use her as our wedding car in June how will the photos come out? Bridesmaids are going to be wearing pistachio green dresses as well.
Think I might give him a call tomorrow and see if he can get some small tins mixed up in both colours and go have a look.

We're doing exactly the same :roll: - you're welcome to come and have a look at ours in the flesh too if you're near Nottingham.

Never heard of Birch Green and from memory Beryl Green only appeared on South African Buses, not UK ones. I've never seen it listed on any colour charts. (SA Buses don't carry M Code plates)

For the Roof Colour Cloud White was used up to 1970 MY and after that it was Pastel white, In UK and US the roof colour was just the roof up to 70MY but after that it moved down to the swage line taking in the window surrounds etc as well, again SA buses were different.

Graham L said:
Never heard of Birch Green and from memory Beryl Green only appeared on South African Buses, not UK ones. I've never seen it listed on any colour charts. (SA Buses don't carry M Code plates)

For the Roof Colour Cloud White was used up to 1970 MY and after that it was Pastel white, In UK and US the roof colour was just the roof up to 70MY but after that it moved down to the swage line taking in the window surrounds etc as well, again SA buses were different.
Agreed. Beryl green is a beetle colour I think, but it still looks very cool IMO.

What about my bus colour? To be honest i'm don't know the true colour but it think it may be Mango green. It's a suttle green but looks very retro. I love it! 8)

Wannabay said:
Here's a pic of my beryl green pastel white

IMG_5113.jpg

And one in the paint shop under artificial light

IMG_0321.jpg

If you search the gallery, I had a resto thread last year which has more pics

I agree about it appearing different shades of green/almost yellow depending on lighting but that adds to its interest

Always best to see in the flesh first, I am in SE London if that's any use

Gerry

Its good to see the same bus photographed in different lights just to show how the camera can make it out to look like two different bus altogether and not capturing its true colour.

Thanks Lee

Birdman said:
Graham L said:

Agreed. Beryl green is a beetle colour I think, but it still looks very cool IMO.
Irishpete said:
preston said:
Irishpete said:

We're doing exactly the same :roll: - you're welcome to come and have a look at ours in the flesh too if you're near Nottingham.

Thats a kind offer but its a bit to far from me (Cambridge) Im going over there on Sunday to see how its getting on and to look at a test panel which he is going to spay in beryl green and lotus white. He said the paint supplier couldnt do birch green than less i had a sample for him to match it too, so that looks like the decision has been made for me lol
Think im going to stick to just the roof in white as mine is a 1969 uk bus. going to get the m code details to while im there and find out abit more info while im there.

You can't beat a bit of Beryl. Just be aware there are different shades depending on paint manufacturer. The Glasurit version is the nicest but maybe I'm biased :D And as seen as you asked, Pastel White or cloud white for the roof and bumpers.
The 3 beetles in the pic below are all Beryl green! My cabrio is Glasurit;)
DSC05819.jpg

yachty said:
You can't beat a bit of Beryl. Just be aware there are different shades depending on paint manufacturer. The Glasurit version is the nicest but maybe I'm biased :D And as seen as you asked, Pastel White or cloud white for the roof and bumpers.
The 3 beetles in the pic below are all Beryl green! My cabrio is Glasurit;)
DSC05819.jpg

I only see a small sample of lotus and pearl. Didn't see pastel or cloud. Didn't like the pearl but I thought the lotus looked nice and retro when matched with the beryl but in till I go look on Sunday at the test panel I won't really know. Kind of wished I had of asked for some different shades of white to look at as well.
I don't suppose anyone else out there has that combo or seen it?

Latest posts