Best beach camping in UK

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noddy

Reaction score
How about this for the more adventurous.

The island of Barra in the outer Hebrides, one of the most beautiful places I have been in the UK. Dont expect load of layed on things to do but if you like white sand beaches to your self. Best time of year is around June/July, can have better weather than mainland UK, this summer is one of the best they have had in 10 years.

One camp site at north end of island but there are tracks which go out to some of the beaches wild camping ok in some places. You could turn it into a tour of the island chain South Uist also has good beaches.

See link for a flavor of the place

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paddimir/sets/72157594276457290/show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beach pictures are towards end of slide show.

Or google earth

Catch Calidonian Mcbrain ferry from Oban to castle bay.

Getting there in a van is an adventure in itself.

Ian

It a beautiful place, good surf on some beaches, not sure if its beach break though, weather can be a bit unpredictable, The best sea storms I have see in the UK are here, 30+ foot breakers.

really worth a visit at some point, some of the best beaches are in the north west, and can be accessed by sand tracks.

Have a look at google earth.

Really class pictures indeed. My Aunt-in-law used to work for C Mac B on their Rathlin Island service. They used to do a ticket to campbelltown but cancelled the service last year :(

We were looking at buying an Island hopper ticket, quite pricey, but if its as nice as that would be well worth it 8)

noddy said:
How about this for the more adventurous.
fab,fab!really great photos .wow
The island of Barra in the outer Hebrides, one of the most beautiful places I have been in the UK. Dont expect load of layed on things to do but if you like white sand beaches to your self. Best time of year is around June/July, can have better weather than mainland UK, this summer is one of the best they have had in 10 years.

One camp site at north end of island but there are tracks which go out to some of the beaches wild camping ok in some places. You could turn it into a tour of the island chain South Uist also has good beaches.

See link for a flavor of the place

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paddimir/sets/72157594276457290/show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beach pictures are towards end of slide show.

Or google earth

Catch Calidonian Mcbrain ferry from Oban to castle bay.

Getting there in a van is an adventure in itself.

Ian

Latest posts