• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bits for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5erge

Reaction score
Here are a few things taking up space in my garage.

Dynamo backing plate - 2 piece - £11 posted

P1010655.jpg

Rear tinware - £20 (might be a bit bulky to deliver but will get a price) or arrange for collection PENDING PAYMENT
P1010657.jpg

Armrest - £6 posted PENDING PAYMENT
P1010656.jpg

Warm air pipe with jacket - SOLD
P1010654.jpg

Des

Araon said:
Put me down for the warm air pipe fella.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello
If you still have I would like the arm rest please,
Fingers crossed
nat

clyde said:
Where dose that warm air pipe fit????

That`s exactly what I was thinking,, :? but didn`t want to make myself look any dafter (is that a word) than I normally do. :roll: My best guess is warm air to the air filter intake ?????? Something along those lines. Now let someone tell us what it really is ???????????????

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, I`ll be three sheets by the time I read the next post, so feel free to take the p155 :lol: 8) :lol:

I think you are spot on ozziedog. Part # 2 in the microfiche pic (sticks up through the RH inner hole in the rear tin and connects via cardboard pipe (part#2A to airfilter) - thouh airfilter is usually the oil bath type lower down in the pic (not sure what the top one is? - American spec?? - or dusty climate?? - South Africa etc??

t201500.gif

maxelodie said:
Araon said:
Put me down for the warm air pipe fella.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello
If you still have I would like the arm rest please,
Fingers crossed
nat

The armrest is yours, I'll PM you my details.

Oh and the warm air pipe has been sold.

Des

Fortunate Son said:
I think you are spot on ozziedog. Part # 2 in the microfiche pic (sticks up through the RH inner hole in the rear tin and connects via cardboard pipe (part#2A to airfilter) - thouh airfilter is usually the oil bath type lower down in the pic (not sure what the top one is? - American spec?? - or dusty climate?? - South Africa etc??

t201500.gif

So where dose it go then. Ive not seen it fitted to a oil bath type filter, so maybe its for the later type filter box. Ive got one in a box of spares and wondered where it went.

Fortunate Son said:

t201500.gif

So where dose it go then. Ive not seen it fitted to a oil bath type filter, so maybe its for the later type filter box. Ive got one in a box of spares and wondered where it went.

It fits under the rear tin and connects to oil bath filter or later type. Standard fitment on all European engines, it supplies warm air to the air filter until the engine gets hot. Stops carb icing on damp cold days. These make a big difference to how your engine runs for the first 10 minutes from cold.

I forgot to let you know it arrived bright and early yesterday, the fecking postie almost kicked me door down to deliver it then pissed off just before I got there, so strides on and bleary eyed I wndered up to the village PO and got it back all nicely packaged and ready to be stored away till I get me arse in gear

Cheers

just in case anyone is still looking for one,that warm air pipe is often referred to as a 'stove pipe'.

When fitted you only see the top 15mm or so popping through the tin in front of the pulley wheel.The hidden part has an angled cut out that sits right snug next to the cylinder head to collect the heat.

It is secured in place by its bracket being sandwiched between two pieces of tin ware.The cheese head tinware screw passes through the holes that all line up once the tin ware is correctly in place. screws goes through......breast plate - stove pipe bracket - and into another piece of tinware that has the captive nut underneath,rather like a sandwich.

Latest posts