bl**dy potholes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67panel

Reaction score
my youngest buggered his polo when he hit a pothole lastnight ,it was dark and pothole was full of water,saw it today 8ins deep and 10-12ins across.ripped antiroll bar mounting of front crossmember till touching gearbox(if u know your polos)and cut tyre.
WATCH OUT theres a pothole about :shock: windsurfer its by the 3 horseshoes :!:
dont know how we stand on insurance,1st year for him.its his birthday on friday(19 now i feel old)so looks like i will have to buy that mk2 polo classic he wants.

I watched a program on the tv the other week about pot holes, and apparently you can claim from your local counsil

you have to take photos etc and make a claim but you can claim 8)

Paul

resto73 said:
I watched a program on the tv the other week about pot holes, and apparently you can claim from your local counsil

you have to take photos etc and make a claim but you can claim 8)

Paul

make sure you get pics before someone else complains, and its filled in

got that sorted first thing tomorrow if the misus leaves camara out (hidden it today)why do they always clean up when you put stuff out to use ;)

My wife hit a simular sized pothole in a BMW Compact running 17" wheels with 45 profile rubber a few yrs back, fortunatly it just buckled the wheel, but cost me £345 for the wheel alone, sent the bill along with the details to our local council and they didnt want to know :evil: infact i gave up chasing them in the end......but good luck anyway, well worth the complaint ide say!

Happened to me a couple of years ago - and it was a Mk2 Polo :roll:

I phoned and wrote to the council billing them for a new wheel and tyre plus other damage. Enclosed photos of the car and the pothole and a statement from a witness. They paid up straight away but only because the hole had been reported to them before I hit it. They told me that once a pothole is reported they are liable for any damage it causes before they fix it. Here in Devon they typically take around 3 days to put up signs around a pothole then around 3 weeks before they 'fix' it with a dollop of tarmac.

Apparently there's on average one pothole per 10 feet of road in the UK.

Reminds me of the bad old days in the Republic of Ireland... i once went into a pot hole there, it took me three days to get out!, and i always wondered why they drove 4X4's.

i cant believe how bad Malvern roads are, they were bad enough before, but this snowy spell has caused a nightmare, went up church rd in the link yesterday,its just crap

take a photo and send it to the highways,

67panel said:
my youngest buggered his polo when he hit a pothole lastnight ,it was dark and pothole was full of water,saw it today 8ins deep and 10-12ins across.ripped antiroll bar mounting of front crossmember till touching gearbox(if u know your polos)and cut tyre.
WATCH OUT theres a pothole about :shock: windsurfer its by the 3 horseshoes :!:
dont know how we stand on insurance,1st year for him.its his birthday on friday(19 now i feel old)so looks like i will have to buy that mk2 polo classic he wants.

got there just as they were putting up signs and starting to fill,had a word with council worker and he said phone up for a claim form now i got pics.

A couple of years ago I mangled the swing axle on the ducati, stretched the chain on a pot hole god knows how it didnt come off worse, bloody nightmare trying to get anything out of the council :roll:

yeh i hit the same 1 a few times since that snow cleared up!!!right by my house so wasnt good!!there is a huge one up the wyche cutting aswell ...colwall side...its worse :evil:

67panel, that's bad news, sorry to hear about your son's car and thanks for the heads up. I've got to drive the bus that way soon to get it MOT'd.
Fingers crossed :oops: :D

YEH JUST BUCKLED MY 22" ALLOYS ON MY WARRIOR MANAGED TO GET BACK TO MY WORKSHOP HAVING TO USE A COMPRESSOR TO RE INFLATE TWICE . WIPPED IT OFF GOT A LUMP OF OAK AND HAMMERED THE HELL OUT OF IT WORKED A TREAT AND MADE ME FEEL MUCH BETTER

monkeyvanwestybike said:
:shock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWwFMOiK1kA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mad man :shock: more balls than id ever have!

Latest posts