bottle jacks????????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky71

Reaction score
Hello peeps!!
On a previous thread about sidesteps some folks say they dont use the standard jacking points due to possibly bad 40yr+ old steel and use bottle jacks instead.
My question is where do you use the bottle jack to lift the van??
As far as i can remember the bottle jacks i have seen do not have high lifting ranges so it would not reach the beams.
Or am i being a doofuss??? :oops:

Regards.

sharky.

:sick0019:

Get a landrover discovery bottle jack. Works a treat when used on the beams front or back. :)

ditto - I use a Series One L/R screw bottle jack - with a block of wood under the jack to spread the weight on soft ground and also provide extra lift height - needs the long winding rod to reach the jack under the van though!!

the jack fits nicely under the pass seat too!
Rob

As above,but the jack I use is from an Iveco Daily,unscrews then has a double ram,a block of wood is used to spread the load and prevent the jack sinking into the ground.

Ive got a mechanical screw type bottle jack, I prefer them to hydraulic type bottle jacks as no chance of fluid loss from old seals etc so will always work. :D

Latest posts