Brake Problem ,May have found a cure Help Needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john982

Reaction score
Hi all ,

Went out to the van today and noticed some brake fluid underneath from front left. On taking the drum off realised cylinder was leaking. So changed the two cylinders and bled the whole system. Trouble now is brake pedal seem's to have two stages of braking and neither very good. I bled it up again and it's just the same ???? Any ideas welcomed .

Cheers John

john982 said:
Hi all ,

Went out to the van today and noticed some brake fluid underneath from front left. On taking the drum off realised cylinder was leaking. So changed the two cylinders and bled the whole system. Trouble now is brake pedal seem's to have two stages of braking and neither very good. I bled it up again and it's just the same ???? Any ideas welcomed .

Cheers John
when you bled the brakes what state was the fluid ??????

did this on my bus a few months after getting it from the states ,found the hoses had colapsed and the cylinders had all gone so ended up renewing everything inc calipers :shock:

Yes I bled all four corners, the brake fluid looked good as only been in the system since last year when I had all other cylinders replaced . It's really baffling me .

This problem has been breaking me ( no pun intended ). Managed to have a day on the van so took both front drums off checked all brakes shoe's and cylinders all ok . So got a friend to press brake pedal without drums on and only one side moved under pressure . Placed both drums on and it seem's that once the shoes on the good side come into contact with the drum the pressure is then going to the other set of shoe's . So is it possible that my Master Cylinder has gone ?????? Someone please HELP !!!!!!

clamp of each flexi and try the brakes sounds like flexi has collapsed the flexis on the market today are not the best I allways fit stainless steel pipe kits more expensive but cheap for life

Hi All ,

Managed to get a few hours on the van today so clamped off the flexi's and the pedal is rock solid so I take it my Master cylinder is ok ????

Regards
John

Latest posts