Bugged!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyvanwestybike

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
After 1972
Van Type
79 sunroof deluxe
I copied this off a guy on the splitty site ! ;)

Just found this on another site, worth considering. Especially when you leave your van at Stanford hall this weekend to have a look around.

POLICE WARNING

Admin hope its ok to post this, it seems an appropriate place to raise awareness among the classic car community.

Boys and girls, with the show season fast approaching please be aware of this (from the Capri Power Forum:

"Police are telling classic ford owners to be aware as an increase of old fords have been stolen recently. It has been found that thieves are attending shows and attaching tracking devices to cars. This allows them to locate the residents of the vehicle for them to steal your pride and joy. I have found this information shocking and after a quick look around there are magnetic tracking devices available for very little money. I for one will be having a thorough check around and under my car before leaving any shows in future. For those who use your cars daily this could be more of an issue as they could potentially place the device on your car while its left unattended. I am wondering if there is a way that we can detect these devices easier than having to inspect every square inch of the car.
I hope this information is useful and I for one will be keeping an eye out for people looking under cars at shows."

Please keep an eye on your cars at the shows, be aware that these magnetic trackers are can be placed anywhere under your car and attach in seconds. When you leave the show pull up at the services and have a good look underneath. If you have had the bonnet open, have a good look around under there to see if anything has been added. Consider investing in a bug detector to sweep the vehicle. If you do find a bug - remove the chip. The bugs are little black boxes, magnetic around 2inches X 2 inches and 3/4 inch thick.

Latest posts