• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bulkhead Passenger Seat attacher

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorsetchris

Reaction score
Hi,

as in the title I am looking for the catch that the passenger seat clips to to secure it when in the driving / down position, it is located on the bulkhead ...anyone able to help me out ?

Many Thanks ... Chris

Hi Chris,

Do you mean the buddy seats? Also can you supply a pic of the part you are referring to as I am slightly confused by your description.

Thanks

GOM

Sorry Chris, just reread your post and understand what you are after. It is the metal bracket that secures to the back of the wardrobe that the hook on the back of the passenger seat sits on/in.

Unfortunately I do not have one of those, I initially thought you were referring to the brackets that the buddy seats connect too.

Thanks

GOM

Hi everybody, sorry my description was going off my memory of my 1st Dormy back in 88' so may not have described it as clearly as I could have, also my Dormy is missing the bulkhead cabinet but hopefully getting one sorted ;)

the small bracket I am after is the one that holds the passenger seat back in position once the cooker is folded down out of use, I remember there was one in my 1st Dormy that you had to push the seat back down a little to release and assumed it was attached to the bulkkhead....

If anyone has one spare that would be great, I will try and post a photo once I have remembered my photobucket details :eek:)

Hi Jimbo, I have the og cooker in mine but I have yet to fire it up in anger yet so I am hopeful it is still in working order or I will get back to you... Many Thanks

You mean this?

http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/interior_parts/seat_parts/genuine_vw_quick_release_seat_bracket_set_for_passenger_seat_68-73_12333/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yes, that is the fella, I only need the bracket piece and not the 'hook' part (that is still on the seat), and yes wow!! what a price, I was hoping someone on here would have a spare kicking about that they only wanted a couple of quid for :?

dorsetchris said:
yes, that is the fella, I only need the bracket piece and not the 'hook' part (that is still on the seat), and yes wow!! what a price, I was hoping someone on here would have a spare kicking about that they only wanted a couple of quid for :?
You can get these from FBIVW in swansea, used. I got one sent for £12 as it is only the bulkhead bracket you need & not the hook as that should be part of the seat frame

Latest posts