Camp sites South West (Devon/Cornwall)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
Going to a family wedding in Devon in late August, and if the camper is on the road by then, were looking to continue down into south devon / cornwall.
Does anyone know of any Family friendly / camper freindly sites?
Looking for something close to the 'Jamboree' site for Sunday night and then open to suggestions for the rest of the week, maybe a couple of sites so we can roam.

Me, Grazy and Flynster are looking to do the week leading up to the Jamboree around Devon and Cornwall so any recommended sites would be greatly appreciated too :)

Don't know if you plan on getting as far down as Newquay but Hendra is a nice site.

If you are in south Cornwall near Helston then i recommend visiting Roskillys. It's a farm that does the best organic ice cream and really nice meals (BBQ's in summer as well).
We camped there for a night but it was just a field with the loo being the visitors facilities. Still it was only about £4.

Doods, there is only one site which is the balls around Newquay and thats Trencreek. Nice people, relaxed atmosphere, a short walk from the town (its behind the zoo! so ace for the kids!) really nice place and has some quality pitches :D No chavs have ever been there when I have been down, so thats a huge plus :lol:

Here is some of us there last year!

New020.jpg

New019.jpg

New018.jpg

New011.jpg

and heres their site :wink:

http://www.trencreekholidaypark.co.uk/

North cornwall coast, a place called Gwithian, next to Godrevy beach. Our favorite spot in Cornwall and about 20 mins ish from stithians.

We have not camped at Gwithian because my girlfriends parents live in Stithians village (right where the jamboree is!)
But the area is lovely.

We might camp there one day , just to get the best of the sunset and rise on the 3 miles of beach .........

will have to look into some of the sites mentioned.
We know most of the sites around newquay as the wifes family own a holiday shack in Crantock so we were looking for somewhere a bit different.
Anything in South Devon?

We haven't actually stayed here but have driven past so many times and always thought it would be a great place to stay as the views are amazing and we love the area.

http://www.leonardscove.co.uk/faqs.html

I have seen vw's in there! Dartmouth isn't far away and there are a couple of beaches nearby. Plus start bay inn just down the road does amazing fish and chips even Rock Stein said so :lol:

There is a nice one in Devon near Croyd bay that we use when we go for a surf.

Can't remember the name of it at the moment though!

Well it looks like we might be going to the In-laws shack after all.
It was going to be knocked down and rebuilt this year but it seems that this has been put on hold until the winter (ever tried getting a builder when the weathers hot!) so its good old Crantock for us.
Will try and get to the Jamboree on the Sunday in the Bay, so might see some of you there

ruda at croyde in devon is very nice as is surfers paradise both just behind the beach
valley caravan park in polzeath cornwall is also nice
been frequently to both of these and can recomend both :D

Lobb Fields Braunton just down the road fom Saunton Sands is a basic camp site it has the usual facilities its a bit cheaper than Ruda you can walk into Braunton from it where there are a few good cafes and a very good thai resturant surf shops etc and no chavs ! Really close to Saunton sands where the beach goes on forever and its great for surfing :mrgreen:

Fraggle said:
North Morte Farm, Morthoe, North Devon.....overlooking Woolacombe.

It's lush! 8) 8) 8)

Looking forward to going back there sometime now we have the van. Stayed there in a tent a couple of years ago, damn that was a windy weekend!

Good site, great views, definitely know you're outdoors :mrgreen:

if you stay near woolacombe i would avoid damage barton campsite - facilities great but what a sourpuss of a lady owner and all they seem to do it put signs up with what you cant do...

as for cornwall, go for porth beach just up from newquay

Was at Porth beach a week ago, lovely site and well kept also a nice pub on the beach, plenty of sand and surf and a magnet for camper vans, saw at least half a dozen while i was thier ( a few nice earlys too :mrgreen: ) and they have won loo of the year award too :lol:

just retured from newquay and the site at porth beach is straight through the large car park right opposite beach...you can`t miss it....never stayed there but looked cool...stayed at trethiggey just outside at quantrill downs or something similiar...lovey site and great facilities, real nice peeps too :lol:
loads of beer to be had in the on site bar and mexican food aplenty
8) ste

another place you might consider is watergate bay touring park, bout a mile from beach lay on a free mini bus to beach on regular basis good showers, allow dogs etc, has bus stop right outside entrance to get bus into or home from newquay if fancy a drink or two. Been there for last 5-6 years and going again next year. And have a web-site, nice chilled place

Latest posts