Camperjam 2015, eventually.......Against the odds

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66nige

Reaction score
This was going to be our first show attended with Ruby, alas she had other ideas!
We had travelled around half of the 35 miles when the clutch went! :shock: After assessing the situation the AA were called.
All was going smoothly when the patrol guy rocked up in a Transit 60 mins later. Nice chap informed us he couldn't tow us because we were too low, but immediately logged on his device that we needed a recovery truck... "should be an hourish" he informed us as he left.
2 hours later the AA rang to say as they were so busy they would be out-sourcing the job to another company, who arrived one hour later in yes, you've guessed it.... a Transit van!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
The chap in all fairness hadn't been given the information and was very apologetic about the whole thing. He then phoned the depot arranging for the correct transport to be dispatched and then stayed with us until it arrived some 20 minutes later.
Ruby was then winched onto the flatbed, as we were informed by the driver that he was just clocking off and someone else would be taking over.
He was indeed replaced by the funniest, craziest VW enthusiastic nutter i have ever met, this guy was just plain crazy!
Anyhow, the upshot of this was on arriving back home he produced a cup for the Mrs to make him a brew in while he took Ruby off the lorry. :lol: :lol:
After the brew he bade us farewell as we loaded up the Astravan with all the stuff we had already packed some 7 hours earlier.
We arrived set up the tent and whacked the BBQ on much later than envisaged. That first beer was dispatched in no time at all, and was the start of an absolutely cracking weekend.
Loved the Early Bay line up especially, and nearly came over to say hi but eventually didn't! :oops: :oops: The nights were spent with a few beers listening to some top acoustic music, oh and the fabulous Dave Manning. This guy is the coolest blues singer i've ever seen, fantastic story teller too.
Anyhow i just thought i'd share our story and photos with you guys, and maybe the next show will be in the bus! :D :D

Shame you didn't make it in the van :x

Great weekend though 8) 8) 8)

You should have come and had a chat. I'm lurking in the background of one of your pics by my van.

markevo30 said:
Shame you didn't make it in the van :x

Great weekend though 8) 8) 8)

You should have come and had a chat. I'm lurking in the background of one of your pics by my van.

Yea i should have come for a chat :roll: , cool bus you got there 8) whereabouts in Staffs are you?

shawn82 said:
We are a friendly bunch, next time come say hi.
Couple of photos of my bus there.

Thanks shawn, i will do.....loved the stance of your bus, sat just right to me :D :D

66nige said:
shawn82 said:
We are a friendly bunch, next time come say hi.
Couple of photos of my bus there.

Thanks shawn, i will do.....loved the stance of your bus, sat just right to me :D :D

cheers mate. looked a bit out of place in the show and shine on sunday tho. ha ha.

cheers mate. looked a bit out of place in the show and shine on sunday tho. ha ha.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Never noticed to be honest! :shock:

66nige said:
cheers mate. looked a bit out of place in the show and shine on sunday tho. ha ha.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Never noticed to be honest! :shock:[/quote]

we was saying, next year will try sort it out a bit better, most of us were camping in kinda same area, but would be nice if we was all there. safety in numbers. ha ha.

shawn82 said:
66nige said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Never noticed to be honest! :shock:

we was saying, next year will try sort it out a bit better, most of us were camping in kinda same area, but would be nice if we was all there. safety in numbers. ha ha.[/quote]

Oh yea we'd be well up for that, stop them Splittys ganging up on us! :lol: To be honest i was quite disappointed that there wasn't more Earlys about... the fields seemed full of T4's and 5's :msn4:

we said the same thing mate, not sure if we got split up some how as there wasnt a sign to say earlybay club camping as we got told it was moved last min.
next year will be better tho. like said we will just sort it a bit better.

shawn82 said:
we said the same thing mate, not sure if we got split up some how as there wasnt a sign to say earlybay club camping as we got told it was moved last min.
next year will be better tho. like said we will just sort it a bit better.

Well count us in then..... thats if we make it next year! :cry:
Think the Mrs has booked Busfest tickets so i'd better get that clutch sorted! :roll:

Yea i should have come for a chat :roll: , cool bus you got there 8) whereabouts in Staffs are you?

Thanks fella.

We're about three miles from Weston Park, a wee place called Wheaton Aston.

markevo30 said:

Thanks fella.

We're about three miles from Weston Park, a wee place called Wheaton Aston.

Ah! That was conveinient.... Thought i was close at 35 miles! :shock:

Latest posts