Casper 71 Deluxe "cali import"

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kustomlifespace

Reaction score
Just picked up this cali import OG paint 71 early bay in need of a bit of TLC.
plan is keep the paint, cab floor repair attend to off/side rear corner fit rebuilt 1641 motor
its goin to be used as a rolling showroom for my kustom interiors!
casper02.jpg

casper01.jpg

casper14.jpg

casper11.jpg

casper06.jpg

Will keep posted on any progress

Well quick update no workdone but been busy collecting bits:
1302s gearbox
Rear bumper
microbus middle seat
Cab floor panels
1641 piston n barrels
porsche 944 brakes
OG 70's midland CB and matching 70's alpine tape deck!
and loads more but the list is getting shorter all the time
with any luck bus will be on the road for nxt season
work will commence shortly!

Oh dear poor show with this van been to busy at work but nearly all parts ready to roll,
The 1641cc is built with a deep sump, c25 scat cam & run up just waiting on tinware refurb
Lots of dents knocked out and trying to get round to stitching in a new battery tray rear corner and drivers floor pan!
On searching for the final bits n pieces I found another early bay a rock solid but incomplete 69 bulkhead deluxe at a price I couldn't refuse its fair to say i have a problem, so will be starting another thread on this bus very shortly who's knows that may even make it on the road before Casper does!

haha! Nice problem to have either way, too many buses and not enough time - could be the opposite :shock: - was looking forward to the interior on this, assumed it would something stunning to show off you work, but sounds like you've been busy on sorted it from outside in

Latest posts