Caught speeding

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swartie

Reaction score
Just received the letter through the post. apparently i was doing 73mph in a 70mph zone!!!

they have photographic eveidence but i have to organise a time to go view it, as i dont live there how i cold i go see it.

also i think 3mph over the limit is abit excesive on the A14. hmm wonder if i can dispute it the bastards

That's shocking mate.

I've been done twice doing 33mph in a 30mph limit and had fines and points for both.

Now how your feeling dude!

Keep your chin up though mate, and indeed they are bastards :(

I apologise now if any of you guys on here are police officers :lol:

depends on the position you sit in yor car toexactly what speed you see on your speedo i had an xr2 (i know chav) and i thought i was doin 5 mph than i was which works out good for me but i would seriously contest that myself

I would contest that definately! that is ripping the piss. I got caught about 5 years ago in my old bus (it was a 74 bay....sorry) doing 48 in a 30! the trouble was they had put the wrong signs up on the road (it was a dual carriage way to the motorway!!!!!) 2 weeks later it was put up to a 60!!!
Still got fined! the pr**ks :twisted:

well just thought i would let you know, i got a letter from the cambridge constbulary yesterday saying that my fine was an administration error and that they dont normally prosecute people at the speed i was doing as it was within the 10% + 2mph threshold

so that was good

hell yeah am i relieved.

if anyone gets a speeding fine it may be worth looking here http://forums.pepipoo.com/ for help and advice.

they seem to be very helpful and know a lot of shit about the whole process and if there are any legal loopholes.

best stick to the 10% rule and have the 2mph as a buffer.

Hurray! glad the fine was dropped, thats a relief. Now get out there and drive without fear of the evil camera. 8)

Latest posts