Changing a lock barrell

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kombikeith

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a engine lid lock non locking in all chrome.I also have on(lock) that is a locking one with the key ,but its Black and I prefer the all chrome look. Question is it possible to transfer the lock portion from one to the other.? If I try to take it apart, and how do you do that ,? will it explode with little bits all over the place > Anyone done this and can advise plse. ? Keith

You can certainly take them apart as I rekeyed mine a few years ago. Iirc you have to push the pin that holds the barrel to the latch out.

Edit: as luck would have it I took a few pics:
http://s35.photobucket.com/user/Goldetop/library/Locks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep the key in when you remove the barrel to stop the springs and leaves from disappearing behind the sofa.

Got a feeling that the lock body has grooves in it to allow it to lock which the non locker doesn't have, but should be easy enough to disassemble and check.

Thks. Loxy (not Locksey !! ) sorry about that !lol Appreciate reply especilly pics., going to work up to this for the weekend Rgds. Keith

Latest posts