Cigar-lighter adaptor/extender

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvw

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking that when my bus is finally rolling the kids will want to use their DS's, and I'll be running sat-nav, iPod/iPhone etc and to plug all these in I'll need multiple cigar-lighter sockets.

So quickly looking on eGay I've seen this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170572340382&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT but are they safe to use? I mean is there a chance they could cause any kind of electrical problems (overloading???).

One thing to consider is that I do have a brand spanking new loom (from Rocket on here) so the wiring will be all good.

Thank you,

Mike

So long as it`s fused, I can`t see a problem. If you are going to run loads and loads off it, maybe a seperate fused supply to the passenger compartment (back). Keep in mind how much output you have though, it`s been rewired but it ain`t a "modern" system. :shock: :? :shock:

Ozziedog

good thinkin Ozziedog.I'd be inclinded to run a fixed socket or two at the back as well.you can fuse it and choose the correct amp loading cable then.

Just be aware fella if you buy one of those cheap ones off ebay (like I did).
I had just my mobile charging and my Ipod charging whilst it was playing music through the bus stereo and the thing burnt out! Luckily I was near the van and caught it before it did some serious damage. :shock:
Chris.

Mike, are you running a leisure battery? If not, then it's a good move!!! From that, fit a fusebox (mine is 8-way) and then from that several sockets, each with their own fuse (at whatever rating you choose) and no worries of fire or suchlike and neater than a plug in unit.

Good call Pete... You might find yourself with a wiring related PM in the near future :)

Latest posts