Classic Radio: which 6 pin adaptor cable?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

Reaction score
Lads & lasses,

Just purchased a Blaupunkt radio for the bus and it comes with the following 6 pin external socket....

4a2f_1.jpg

I'd welcome some advice as to which DIN socket adaptor cable is required to connect to an iPod. Any links to the likes of Maplins gratefully received.

Gracias.

Thanks mate - so correct me if I'm wrong, your own 5 pin DIN is mono not stereo and if you want a 6 pin DIN it's a DIY job and not available off the shelf?

mine is definitely mono

someone got a 7 pin from Koennigs

why don't you pm dagboyblue as he was wanting a 6 pin

hopefully he will have sorted his by now

j.nathan said:
I got this from Koenigs. Its stereo and for sale.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm fairly sure that I need a mono adaptor cable for my radio's DIN socket (it has 5 concentric pins plus one central pin as in the top picture below). As you say yours is a stereo adaptor cable and appears to be a 7 pin device. These diagrams show what I'm talking about....

Fiche5br.jpg

7broch.jpg

As your pic shows the cable adaptor kits that Koenigs sell have a mini jack socket, so you need a mini jack to mini jack lead which is supplied with the Koenigs kit (not shown in your picture). Apparently the radio cuts out when the mini jack is removed so there is no need to remove the cable from the DIN socket at the back of the radio when you want to switch from the iPod to the radio.

looks like you're sorted then

and you're right, you leave the din plug plugged in all the time - plugging the mini jack into the jack socket on the lead causes the radio to cut out and your ipod signal to cut in

you can also then get an ipod holder which plugs into the cigar lighter on the dash (if you have one) which will charge the ipod as well - I got a cheapy off fleabay

Wannabay said:
looks like you're sorted then

Yep, thanks Wannabay - it's amazing what you can achieve during a quiet day at work :D Next on my list is the Koenigs mono cable and one of them ciggie holder charger thingies.

If you PM a guy by the name of Richard Oakley on the SSVC forum, http://www.ssvc.org.uk, he is the 'Main Man' when it comes to vintage radios etc.

I bought a period radio from him a little while ago and I needed a cable for the ipod. He put me onto a german website that sells all types of accessories for period radios.

Really good guy and knows his stuff. He also frequently sells radios on ebay.

Carole :wink:

carole said:
Richard Oakley is the 'Main Man' when it comes to vintage radios etc. He put me onto a german website that sells all types of accessories for period radios. Carole :wink:

Thanks Carole - I saw Richard was selling a radio on Ebay this week. The German site you refer to is probably Koenigs...

http://www.koenigs-klassik.de/indexe.html

Hi John,

That's a cool website but I'm pretty sure it's not the one Richard put me on to....keep us updated if you find it!

Carole :wink:

carole said:
That's a cool website but I'm pretty sure it's not the one Richard put me on to....keep us updated if you find it! Carole :wink:

This appears to be another good German website for classic radios and accessories. A bit on the pricey side but looks good.....

http://www.oldtimer-radio.de/

Latest posts