clutch grease / cable length update

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pottinger

Reaction score
morning all,

just to confirm, presume LM grease is okay for clutch cable ? or do you suggest not :?

also, is it worth trying to clean the clutch cable tube out ? if so any tips ?

btw, anyone who did do there cable that happened to find it too short maybe interested in this.
I purchased the 3200mm (lhd 68-71) one from heritage, measured it and it came out at 3173mm. contacted
heritage and they confirm all they measured some and they are coming out at 3170 ish mm. These are packaged up as fania I beleive the original should have been 3196mm - JK sent me one and its more or less 3192mm (a better fit).
May explain some of the posts saying they had to pull the arm back to get the wingnut on, as we all know 3cm is alot
in man terms.
Dont forget me grease question :lol:

cheers all
potts

I had the same problem last year in the summer,just before going away clutch snapped bought new from heritage no probs!!! :roll:
too short by about the same difference, they apologised and refunded but they obviously have not sorted the problem out :roll:
in the end got a 3215mm late bay and fitted fine :shock:
cheers shaun

LM grease for me too! Mine was short too so pulled the arm back with grips to get it on - works great now tho :msn4:

I got my replacement from VWH and the length seemed OK (1972 RHD), well it's fitted!

The problem I had is they spec the wrong clip, so I phoned them up, they went and checked and yes it doesn't fit and they sent me the other one. Unfortunately even the other clip they have doesn't fit that well, what's needed is something between the two. Now I carry the original (very warn one) in the bus spares in case the new one pops off :roll:

Still, at least I'm still driving the bus :)

Sparky.

Latest posts