clutch ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robins

Reaction score
Retrocars from here is camping at Breen with clutch probs,he thought the cable had snapped
told him where to find it at box end,he said its a new one.
new box a year ago so he was told when he got the van three months ago.
could it be the the clutch bearing come off its clips?

cheers rich

Could be a few strands of cable have broke and may be able to get by winding adjuster nut in to take up play???.had this happen couple of times on beetles (early warning cable is going to go)

Hiya robin,

And don't discount the possibility of the clutch arm (the part that supports and holds the throwout bearing) having gone belly up.

Bookwus said:
Hiya robin,

And don't discount the possibility of the clutch arm (the part that supports and holds the throwout bearing) having gone belly up.
rustydiver said:
My have a spare in the garage if it is the cable.

thanks for help everyone.

got to check my brakes before i help him :evil:

hi mike,there's a spring in there somewhere maybe that broke

ok rustydiver,ill get him to cheek it again if it is shot or wont tighten up ill pm you
thanks for the that

rich

robins said:
Retrocars from here is camping at Breen with clutch probs,he thought the cable had snapped
told him where to find it at box end,he said its a new one.
new box a year ago so he was told when he got the van three months ago.
could it be the the clutch bearing come off its clips?

cheers rich
many thanks rich for your help, got her home driving without the clutch, wasnt that bad realy, me and rich took engine out this afternoon, the bar that holds thrust bearing has bent and cracked the weld??, seems that the springs had come off, well the engine needed to come out, got fan flapps to do, engine mounts, etc etc, cheers neil (retrocars)

Latest posts