Coloured dash?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L345

According to the M-Plate mine went into prod in Dec 69.

But even if it doesn't qualify (?) I like the idea/look.

Nice colour choice. :D

003-24.jpg

Only dash pic I have. Sorry about the angle but you get the idea. Coloured dash just looks right to me. Don't know why they started painting them all black. You might have to click on the image to see. Have to use Flickr now photobucket is playing up on my mac.

aspro said:
Only dash pic I have. Sorry about the angle but you get the idea. Coloured dash just looks right to me. Don't know why they started painting them all black. You might have to click on the image to see. Have to use Flickr now photobucket is playing up on my mac.

The factory painted all the dashes black after August 1969 to save money, all the dashes were painted before and then stored ready for fitment.

Makes sense Wig. It's a shame that styling had to suffer for production to prosper. The way of big industry I guess.

5apaju6e.jpg

Colour coded dashes rock!!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

DSC_5343_lr.jpg

Sumatra green to match the lower outside of my bus which is currently being rebuilt.

I might pick up a spare ashtray - and have it painted to match the dash (as some of you guys have one) - but still retain the original - I like yours Airtime.

sparkywig said:
What colour, if it's body coloured that was standard until 1970 model year (August 1969) anyway.

only on European models us ones were black padded