Coming to Volksworld Show from abroad

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-tipi-

Reaction score
I'm planning on (romantic?) holiday weekend in London with my missus on last weekend of March (how convenient).

1) I'm after affordable lodging options if someone has experience on or knows, please let me know. And no offence, but I'd prefer PM or email, as I wound't like hearing that there are no rooms as 70 other EarlyBayers have just booked them all :D

2a) Also what is the best wey to get around, the underground? How to get to Sandown/airport ect.
2b) What's the taxi fares like, round about?

3) What we should not miss when spending two days in London?

4) Good places to eat (spell: get drunk)? Maybe even in VW oriented company?

Better half knows that she'll spending a day in the show. So that's a day for tourist traps, a day for shopping and a day for VDubs. Wonder if I should tell that two of my mates are planning on joining us ;P :twisted:

Lodgings cant really help you there but as with everything the prices vary wildly, though reasonable cheap accommodation is still available especially that time of year...

Which airport you coming in from?

The underground is real easy to get around on have a look at this site and get your head around the layout it saves the usual tourist congregation around the one gateline staff or map with scratching heads..
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1106.aspx

Taxis are fecking expensive dont get into unlicensced/drivers touting for business there robbers....stick with the black cabs but dont use em to do the tourist rounds thats easilly done on the tube...

to get to the show is easy enough to plan once you have your digs sorted

eating ahem drinking again will most likely be around your digs fella or within a reasonable commute but theres plenty to suit all tastes I usually use the time out guides when travelling to places I have no reference for

Plenty of hotels and bars/nightlife around Soho last time I was over for the weekend we stayed in a tidy hotel on Shaftsbury avenue Ill see if Helen has the details, wasnt the cheapest hotel but nice...

http://www.timeout.com/london/bars/

It should help with tourist bits and hotels too...

Enjoy the show / romantic trip

Latest posts