Compressors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornishSilver

Reaction score
Just wondering what compressors you guys are using. I don't want to break the bank and I'm going to be using it for wax oiling once a year & tyre inflation . Any recommendations? Cheers

Try and get aleast a 50l tank if you can. You will always want air when you use it, I've used mine for painting, nailing and tyres really. Any air tools you buy in the future won't work that we'll on small tanks.
If you're not going to use it that much it doesn't really matter which brand your get.

For waxoyling & pumping tyres, I would personally stick with a 25l Lidl-esque one. Problem is once you've got one, you're going to want all the cool tools- Impact driver is particularly useful for instance, and you won't get much result with a 25l compressor on one.

The best compromise I've found is the V-Twin 50 litre ones. Enough umph when you need it without being too big/expensive.

Mine was an aldi one, about £160 and sprayed the entire van with it. A little underpowered for sandblasting but did everything else.

Some 50litres just come with the same pump/motor as the 25l ones which is a little pointless IMHO

Sold it when finished as I don't keep expensive tools. But ill get another when I need it.

Windy gun wise, I got a cordless Ryobi one and never looked back. With a 4amp battery it unloosens anything except rear hub nuts!

Latest posts