Breakdown cover for European travel and local garages/knowledge

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucie_Lee

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westy
Hi!

I am about to embark on a journey to bring my 1971 Bay from Scotland to Norway permanently via ferries to Amsterdam and from Hirtshals in Denmark and I wonder if anyone has experience with European road trips and good breakdown cover recommendations? Obviously I am hoping that I have no need of it but better to have it and not need it than be without!

So far I have quotes from AA and JustKampers that are in the £150-175 range which is fine but if anybody has experience with other providers I would be very grateful for the input.

Lastly, as I said the route goes from Amsterdam to Hirtshals and if I do break down and can't fix any issues myself and the option is there for the bus to be taken to a garage it would be good if anybody knows of a directory or list of appropriate classic car garages on that route? I previously did this exact exercise when I had it in the UK and it was a huge relief but that won't help me for the European leg of this journey. I can go searching Google for this myself but if something exists already that saves me a lot of work.

Any advice/recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brucie

Latest posts