crossover pickup - westfalia wide body ? questions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loxy

Reaction score
Anyone know much about pickups?
Are wide bodied pickups made by westfalia rare?
And is this one?
What are they worth?
pickup1.jpg

pickup2.jpg

pickup3.jpg

It appears to have the same wing mirror mounts as this one that was being sold as a westfalia wide body pickup and is supposedly quite rare.
Is it worth a punt?
2101365.jpg

Thanks Earlybay, have done a bit more searching today and it does appear to be one, will have to get a bit more info on it from the current owner but I am very interested cos hes selling it cheap as chips......

i reckon thats deffo a westfalia pickup,looks good too,and if its cheap you cant go wrong! dont think they go for mega money, but if you go to any uk show ya probably gonna have the only one there! buy and enjoy :D

id say £500 was cheap as,looks a cool van.
If you wanted to sell it on you should easily get £1500 or more for it? you dont get much for under 2 grand anymore do ya!

Got to factor the getting it home costs as well, its a long drive and theres a 76 double cab ex-german army bay sat next to it as well, looks to be in good condition, wants £750 for that. Considering offering £750 for both, as I dont think they get much interest over there.

well £750 seems a bargain for a army crew cab,is it in ok condition? running etc? surely it wouldnt cost that much to get them home,love the look of the wide bed,is that a runner and ok? id go for it even for a grand,

Waiting to get some more pics, but supposedly both run ok and body work is ok, will have to get the father-in-law to look at them for me, doesnt know much about cars though unfortunately.

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

Looks pretty good in these pics.

the crew cab seems quite good,it looks like its had work on the sills,check thats been done ok(take a magnet to check for filler) the wide bed looks ace,that just wants leaving alone except for a good dose of lowering! i love ratty trucks 8)

My biggest problem at the moment is that I am having a dispute my interpreter (the wife) about whether it is worth buying them.
My opening argument of "they will look well cool slammed" isnt a solid enough argument apparently...

Just tell her.

I'm getting this because i think it will look nice in the garden for three yeras while I restore it.

Normally makes them see sense :wink:

Unfortunately the garden bit might hit a raw nerve, theres some history wrt to me importing vws from Hungary and parking them on the garden.
I thought it looked cool though having a ragtop oval and ragtop 62 parked next to our old 78 devon, saved time cutting the grass.......

Latest posts