CSP Disc Conversion Wheel Bearings

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharp69

Reaction score
Got a set of CSP discs second hand, re-used my standard wheel bearings as they are pretty much new, did one side no bother but when doing the other side once tightened up it’s making a grinding noise…took it off to investigate and the inner spindle race came off too, tried a few times but something isn’t right, had a look for new bearings and I can see there are specific bearings for the CSP kit, anyone know what the difference is? 🤷‍♂️

Got a set of CSP discs second hand, re-used my standard wheel bearings as they are pretty much new, did one side no bother but when doing the other side once tightened up it’s making a grinding noise…took it off to investigate and the inner spindle race came off too, tried a few times but something isn’t right, had a look for new bearings and I can see there are specific bearings for the CSP kit, anyone know what the difference is? 🤷‍♂️
It’s a 69 deluxe by the way….

Just to follow up on this in case anyone is searching the topic, apparently there is no difference between the £50 CSP bearings and the standard bay bearings apart from the rubber seal for the inner bearing has a slightly smaller diameter to fit the CSP disc housing. I found the source of the grinding noise, it was the disc catching slightly on the spindle casting at the bottom, gave it a tickle with the grinder and all clears nicely.

Just to follow up on this in case anyone is searching the topic, apparently there is no difference between the £50 CSP bearings and the standard bay bearings apart from the rubber seal for the inner bearing has a slightly smaller diameter to fit the CSP disc housing. I found the source of the grinding noise, it was the disc catching slightly on the spindle casting at the bottom, gave it a tickle with the grinder and all clears nicely.
Brilliant,, all knowledge is good knowledge. I had to buy some wheel bearing seals recently because I’d destroyed one. I typed the sizes into the iPad and it came up with seals at a couple of quid each from a British bearing and seals place. so I bought three to avoid paying postage. They arrived a couple of days later. I just couldn’t believe how easy it was and how it all went right and how it never mucked up anywhere along the line as I was expecting it to .

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,spose something had to go right eventually :)

Latest posts