Crossover rear light retaining nuts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldrick

Reaction score
Hi there

I guess this is anathama really but please be nice to me!!

I've tried changing my real lights today and they are each held on by two of the four small retaining nuts. Can you get these from any where? I'm a bit disappointed that the light set I bought (not cheap) didn't come with them.

Thanks

Because the threaded posts are quite long you will need a deep socket (8mm I think but check this) and an extension bar to clear the housing. Then it's easy - IF they don't seize up!

BJ1 said:
Because the threaded posts are quite long you will need a deep socket (8mm I think but check this) and an extension bar to clear the housing. Then it's easy - IF they don't seize up!
I do have a socket that will just about do the job...trouble is half the nuts are missing so I need to know where to get them from.
Thanks.

The nuts you need are probably going to be 5mm metric nuts (m5 nuts), these will probably be available from Halfords in their nut and bolt multipack section but not cheap. Try your local motor factor and take the light fitting with you to ensure you get the correct size put pretty sure it will be 5mm ;) . Otherwise get the yellow pages out and look for your local fastener supplier, try them. Or even buy something like this off fleabay and you'll not need washers or have to worry about losing one if you drop one, ie have a few spare ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M5-A2-Stainless-Serrated-Flanged-Nuts-20Pk-Free-P-P_W0QQitemZ200375048422QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ?hash=item2ea74898e6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts