CSP or Gene Berg Shifter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fitted one of those quick shifter plates on my standard stick.....the difference was awesome. Went from stirring a bowl of porridge to a nice small throw through the gears. Cheap fix too for about £7, i'd at least try one first see if it suits :D

Both are good, I have Berg.
Stock shifter is too low for me I had to lean forward and reach down slightly, most people don't notice until you get a longer stick it makes it easier to drive.
Money well spent

Berg - locking if you can get one
Best aftermarket part I have ever installed

I was determined to keep the stock gear shift. I felt that the Gene Berg looked out of place, I know nobody would agree with me! It used to be quite bad when I got the van, replaced any worn parts, a good greasing everywhere and a few miles later it is really smooth.

magoo said:
I was determined to keep the stock gear shift. I felt that the Gene Berg looked out of place, I know nobody would agree with me! It used to be quite bad when I got the van, replaced any worn parts, a good greasing everywhere and a few miles later it is really smooth.

Not at all, I replaced all the linkage set up and just fitted a empi short shift as I liked the stock shifter, it worked great but Ive always wanted a Berg.
Nout wrong with the stock as long as it is well maintained. (Empi kit did work very well but needed fiddling with)

Berg, it's the best , I also have a Vintage Speed Shifter and that was good as well but not as good as the original swap out item.

Gene Berg... Had mine for several years now... Get a locking version if you can afford it... A little more security for your van.
Also Gene Berg have great customer service... I bought direct from them and had it shipped to the UK.

Gene Berg for me as well. Great customer service, bought mine on line in the UK via a few emails & then had it delivered to the rental house when I was on holiday in Florida - came home as hand luggage :D
Just had it switched to the 091 box & it's a lovely smooth combination

I've just stuck a CSP on mine after my vintage speed shifter snapped! Very positive feel and super short shift, just needs a bit of fine tuning and it'll be spot on.

Latest posts